Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: shocks for my AX10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #1

Default shocks for my AX10

I just got mt AX10 Scorion going and I am starting the upgrades. I got some Integy shocks and they seem real hard when I fill them with fluid. I got 3 out of 4 working by bleeding ou the air. the 4th is just giving me fit's, what is up? Can I get some help here?

Thanks in advance.
Lance365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance365 View Post
I just got mt AX10 Scorion going and I am starting the upgrades. I got some Integy shocks and they seem real hard when I fill them with fluid. I got 3 out of 4 working by bleeding ou the air. the 4th is just giving me fit's, what is up? Can I get some help here?

Thanks in advance.
I run alot of integy on my rig, but I will be the first to say anything that has moveing parts or has anykind of mechanical design integy sucks. If you return those to integy they will send four more and you will have this same problem. I suggest you sell them and buy the 4" losi crawler shocks, they are the best for the $$.
rock addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

If the shock will not compress/decompress easily (without a spring installed) you probably overfilled it with fluid. When you're filling it up you should move the shock piston up and down a bit to get some air bubbles out. Once you've gotten the air out you might want to compress the shock all the way (bring the piston all the way to the top of the shock body) and then make sure the fluid is at the correct level before you put the cap on. If you fill it with the piston all the way at the bottom of the shock body sometimes it'll be too squishy and hard to compress once you put the cap on. You'll notice that by bringing the shock piston up to the top before you put the cap on the fluid level will rise and if it's full enough some of it will spill out.

So if you just left the piston at the bottom, filled the shock body with fluid up to the top, and then put the cap on...and you say it's too stiff...it's probably just overfilled. Take some out and it'll feel a lot better.
Thorne_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance365 View Post

Thanks in advance.
Keep bleeding the 4th one until it works. If you need to, leave a tiny bit of air in the 4th and try bleeding it later after you've used them for awhile. You might want to try installing the 3 hole pistons on the shocks (mine came with different pistons, one and three hole), I did that on mine and they seem to work a little smoother.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #5

Talking shocks

i use traxxas big bore they work like butter i cut the top mount off and drilled a hole for a flat head screw and used jato rod ends to mount up to my scorpion they work great
mszz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:36 PM   #6

Thanks for all of the input from everyone. I got them all working, reduced the amount of fluid and changed to the 3 hole plungers.
Lance365 is offline   Reply With Quote