Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #1

Default Tires

So I went crawling back in the woods early yesterday with my AX-10 that I am running Venom creeper tires with the memory foam . My buddy is using the AX-10 with the Losi tires. We both did fantastic back there climbing flexing and all. However we went to his dad's homemade rock course with steeper inclines and I couldnt even get mt rig to get up the first rocks. The rear tires would jut spin and spin and spin. If I put it on the rocks higher it would move a lil but really getting no crawl I would have to full throttle that biz. Is this because I need to cut out some of the foam and make the tires much softer or what?
Sketch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #2
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Have you put weights on the wheels yet? Is it memory foam or stanard?
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Modding the foams may help, but I think it's the tires overall. The Creeper tires have a tight pattern like the Flat Irons, which generaly works well on smooth clean rock, but once they get dirty, they don't hook up.

The Losi Claws are still a top choice. They hook on just about everything even when wet...that's why your buddy left you at the bottom!

I'd try tweaking your foams first since it's a free mod, but ultimately I'd suggest investing in some good tires and foams
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #4
TN State Champ 11,12,13

The stock tires and foams are not the best. Get a set of HB Rovers or Proline Chisels. These tires have a taller stance as well as a better rubber compound. The taller stance will help with belly clearance but could make your rig more top heavy so lower all your electronics as well as the battery off the top plate. Moving the battery to the front upper links or on top of the servo will help climbing by moving the wt. over the front wheels. You could also add weights to the inside of the wheel.
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:31 PM   #5

thanks everyone, i got the memory foam in the tires and 8oz of weight in each front tire. Should I put any weight in the rear tires? I have the split 6 cell mounted upfront as well. But no doubt did he leave me in the dust though@!
Sketch22 is offline   Reply With Quote