MOA comp. crawler 6 27.27%
save my money, stock up on ammo 5 22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Next project poll!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 12:13 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Next project poll!!!

I'm iching to start a new project in the near future and I would like some advise on which way to go. Vote for what you think and tell me why.
sub-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2009, 10:15 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I voted for super comp crawler. I really think supers are gonna get alot of steam this year, new tires and alot of advanced electronics. Just an idea.
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Scalers r just cool!.
vipxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:59 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I say save your money for a while. Last year was a revelation era for crawlers, wait and who knows what will come up next.
MadForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:02 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I started to vote for stocking up on ammo, but in all honesty if you haven't already gotten on that wagon it's a little late to start now. Everyone has bought up pretty much all of the 7.62 x .39 ammo for my AK, as well as several other of the less expensive rounds for any firearms out there.

With that said, I voted for the MOA route. You have a nice tuber, and so the next step in my opinion would be a strictly comp basted MOA rig. Start getting into comps big time with it, and then move on to building a super or a 1.9 class rig. After you get all your comp rigs in order, you can then go back and build a scaler.
MCSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

After you have a well stocked arsenal then build yourself a super. You're gonna need something to haul that ammo cache around in the mountains and 2.2s are just not up to the task.

Go super, go early.

Carl
quickster47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

1.9 scale trucks build skill and character:-P
And they are cool as hell to watch
durango#95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:17 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSCOTT View Post
I started to vote for stocking up on ammo, but in all honesty if you haven't already gotten on that wagon it's a little late to start now. Everyone has bought up pretty much all of the 7.62 x .39 ammo for my AK, as well as several other of the less expensive rounds for any firearms out there.

With that said, I voted for the MOA route. You have a nice tuber, and so the next step in my opinion would be a strictly comp basted MOA rig. Start getting into comps big time with it, and then move on to building a super or a 1.9 class rig. After you get all your comp rigs in order, you can then go back and build a scaler.
Listen to "grass hopper" he is wise. lol. I agree and couldn't have said it better my self. Truely a righteous path.
And your tuber is already sick enough, but you could try modifying where the shock locations are just for fun.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:34 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakker View Post
Listen to "grass hopper" he is wise. lol. I agree and couldn't have said it better my self. Truely a righteous path.
And your tuber is already sick enough, but you could try modifying where the shock locations are just for fun.
Just too bad I can't follow my own advice. I now have 2 Edge rigs, one GC1 shafty that I haven't even put my R2D in, or my VF dig to make it comp worthy, and am in the process of building another shafty. This is mainly because of building rigs for some of my family members to drive when I run them at my dad's house during the summer, but I still should have made it to a comp. I live right here in the middle of some of the top names in the sport, and have yet to make it out to a comp. Alot of that was due to 1:1 wheeling taking up all my time, and now that I've gotten away from that pretty much I've screwed up my knee and can't walk for another month.

Soon though..........very soon I will follow my advice.
MCSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote