Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: TT issues with droop ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default TT issues with droop ?

he guys. i just switched over all my stuff to a custom chassis and because of the design, the only way, at the moment, i could mount the shocks is in droop. 1st ? is when it climbs there seems to be alot of front right shock unloading. the tires stays on the ground but the right side of the chassis rises. is this still torque twist? i wasn,t planning on running droop but thought it might be a good time to try it. all stock axial parts except chassis. 2nd ?, opinions on shock oil when droop, small internal springs. no oil in shocks right now. bottom of chassis sits at 1 3/4". is that too low? thanks for the help. sometimes i think i should have left it stock artr instead of trying to make a comp rig. YEAH RIGHT.
cavie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2009, 06:07 PM   #2

Exclamation droop

i run a stock chassis but my motor torque is alot so what i did is put thicker fluid and take pen springs and put them on the outside of the shocks
surby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:33 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I'm running my ax10 full droop, with 70wt front, and 50wt rear, and 1/4" of fuel line at the bottom of the shock. It works very well. I am still fighting torque twist as well. I'm starting to think it has more to do with the 4 link geometry. Link lengths, position, etc.
Mayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

With the droop setup you are going to find the suspension a touch unpredicatable and TT is going to be difficult to battle without changing your link geometry. I ran droop for a while and I just found the sprung setup easier to setup and predict its behavior.... But it's always fun to try out all the options and see what you like!
rdtshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

i used pens springs ont he inside of the shock under the clip, with about 1/4 fuel tubering on the out side, i found with this i get the low COG of a droop set up but with the pen sprrings on the makes it almost as perdictable as a sprung set up, and the rear doesnt unload on steep decents..

even by limeting my shocks about 3/8" per corner i still get about 55-60* of articulation, but i dont run the stock link set up, i have a dbl triangulated set up, wth out limeting my shocks i get a true 90* of flex. waaaaaay to much!
ultimate_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote