Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Official RCX 2009 Expo Live coverage thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 05:15 PM   #301
Gold Star Baby!

The show is coming to a close, were starting to pack up.

Thanks for watching.
RCCtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #302
Pebble Pounder

Are you going to post the DarkSoul interview?

Thanks,

Rich C.
conejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:19 PM   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCtv View Post
HBZ stands for Hot Body'z

http://www.hbzusa.com/
OK so it's not hot bodyz, Its actually Hard Body'z and a funny story behind it.
Our company was established about 8 years ago. When we started we were just "Hard Body'z". We build cages and chassis' (hard bodyz) right. Well that was all good in all until we started getting too many complaints as people started googling or searching for us online. I don't think I need to go further. Now if you type "hard Body'z" just like this we will come up, but spell it wrong and expect some pop-ups that you can't stop. Now for all you guys surfin late, you now have an excuse for what you were (REALLY) searching for when the wife pops in...
So we modified and became HBZ USA / HARD BODY'Z
Thanks for asking.
Jay
HBZ
HBZ USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:34 PM   #304
Rock Crawler

LOL...excellent story thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBZ USA View Post
OK so it's not hot bodyz, Its actually Hard Body'z and a funny story behind it.
Our company was established about 8 years ago. When we started we were just "Hard Body'z". We build cages and chassis' (hard bodyz) right. Well that was all good in all until we started getting too many complaints as people started googling or searching for us online. I don't think I need to go further. Now if you type "hard Body'z" just like this we will come up, but spell it wrong and expect some pop-ups that you can't stop. Now for all you guys surfin late, you now have an excuse for what you were (REALLY) searching for when the wife pops in...
So we modified and became HBZ USA / HARD BODY'Z
Thanks for asking.
Jay
HBZ
TIMZKRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:46 PM   #305
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCtv View Post
There was a slight incident with a 5T and a turn marshal at the dirt track. Badger is currently busy with that. We'll get you guys updated ASAP.

Rockpiledriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcj578 View Post
that sucks hope he is ok.
Took a beating from a 5T. He is alot better now.
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:31 AM   #306
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer4Life View Post
Took a beating from a 5T. He is alot better now.
Poor guy has like 30 staples in his head, but came back to the show after the ER.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #307
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef View Post
Poor guy has like 30 staples in his head, but came back to the show after the ER.
Maybe a dumb question but what is a 5T and how was it able get to damage his head?
VeryBumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #308

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryBumpy View Post
Maybe a dumb question but what is a 5T and how was it able get to damage his head?

HPI Baja 5T is a 1/5th scale 2wd petrol off road RC. About 23-24lbs stock if my memory serves me right.
flake99please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #309
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryBumpy View Post

He was turn marshalling for the baja while they were on the dirt track. One took a jump wrong and got him.

He did come back and was doing just fine.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:26 PM   #310
Rock Stacker

Very cool show. Got to meet some of you guys, that's always cool too. Quite the experience for us RC guys. I'm bummed to have been into RC since 1985 and finally got to see the show this year. Definitely worth the wait.
fullsyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:38 PM   #311
Pebble Pounder

For the record, the guy that got hit by the Baja 5t (a pretty good friend of mine) got 25 staples between 2 lacerations on his noggin. The 5T did not directly do the damage, it hit the guy in the back with front wheels and plastic bumper. The shot threw him off balance and he fell into the fence around the track and he hit his head on the horizontal steel tube that supports the fence.

He is fine, and has actually very little pain at all. He was the first to say that shit happens, and he in no way blames the driver of the 5t, sometimes with large scale RC, as I said, shit just happens. I think if you are involved in large scale racing of any sort, its only a matter of time before you get whacked by one in some way, I know I have had plenty of bruises and small cuts from the hobby .
DarkSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #312
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSoul View Post
For the record, the guy that got hit by the Baja 5t (a pretty good friend of mine) got 25 staples between 2 lacerations on his noggin. The 5T did not directly do the damage, it hit the guy in the back with front wheels and plastic bumper. The shot threw him off balance and he fell into the fence around the track and he hit his head on the horizontal steel tube that supports the fence.

He is fine, and has actually very little pain at all. He was the first to say that shit happens, and he in no way blames the driver of the 5t, sometimes with large scale RC, as I said, shit just happens. I think if you are involved in large scale racing of any sort, its only a matter of time before you get whacked by one in some way, I know I have had plenty of bruises and small cuts from the hobby .
Good to hear he will be OK. I was about 30ft from the guy on the other side of the fence. I was told those trucks weigh about 35 lbs each. I believe I counted 4 or 5 on the track at one time. Not sure I would have marshals on the track when that many trucks are going at once. Especially when it's just a demo. If one turns over, I would have everyone stop and have the driver go over and turn it back over.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:12 PM   #313
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

I just finished uploading 267 pictures from the show to a gallery at the bottom of the RCX coverage page.

Check it out. http://www.rccrawler.com/rcx2009.html

Last edited by badger; 04-23-2009 at 02:25 PM.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:00 PM   #314
Rock Crawler

great pics ....thanks for the great video coverage of RCX also ....
TIMZKRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:04 PM   #315
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSoul View Post

That's is exactly right.

In a week the staples will be removed from my melon and once the hair the ER nurse cut off grows back, I will be back to normal with a war story and some cool battle scars.
robmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #316
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMZKRAWLER View Post
great pics ....thanks for the great video coverage of RCX also ....
Thanks.

And for those who couldn't see the gallery at the bottom of the page after my post a little bit ago, it should work now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmob View Post
That's is exactly right.

In a week the staples will be removed from my melon and once the hair the ER nurse cut off grows back, I will be back to normal with a war story and some cool battle scars.
Your a hell of a trooper. I can't believe you didn't take any pain killers and still came right back to the show.

Great avatar!
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #317
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmob View Post
That's is exactly right.

"Ran over by a Badger" Not to many people can say that!