Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: trashed my DNA dig..........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 06:26 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Unhappy trashed my DNA dig..........

trashed the alum parts in my dig unit, had my end points set right....but they still got trashed with a 55t motor and 17/87 gearing and an 8 cell 1500 elite batt pack with my thottle travel turned down to 96% on my DS3R....i can't imagine what you guys with 3s/4s lipos and a 7t puller motors are doing to your stuff ....glad DNA came out with steel stuff to replace the alum junk...........bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2009, 07:15 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I have 500+ batteries through my original DNA dig, back when they started as VF. If you are thrashing the aluminum internals that easily you aren't going to have much more success with the steel internals. You really need to sit down and figure out what the issue is. If you need some help I would be glad to answer any questions you have. Also there is a DNA vendors section where you can ask questions.
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqcookie View Post
I have 500+ batteries through my original DNA dig, back when they started as VF. If you are thrashing the aluminum internals that easily you aren't going to have much more success with the steel internals. You really need to sit down and figure out what the issue is. If you need some help I would be glad to answer any questions you have. Also there is a DNA vendors section where you can ask questions.
x2.....
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

i know the thread is there i have the end points set as far as i can to the end of travel, just as the servo starts to hum i back off a point or two till the servo stops humming....i have it figured out to a heavy throttle finger while shifting the dig into/out of gear....i'm more of a free wheeler now then rear lock at getting over/around things and not as heavy on the throttle while doing so, kinda like easing into the throttle now while shifting ..........bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:57 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

the guys from dna are awsome. get the email and hit them up. i had my full set of internals in 3 days, when i trashed my spools/outdrive
robbio4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Bob those end points were only partially engaging.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:54 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

i shredded a DNA dig unit in 2 comps back when they first came out, ive never been too impressed with the fact that they have aluminum guts. im sure the steel ones will be a great improvement.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Default Get the steel internals.

I had the same problem with the aluminum internals. After wearing out two sets of aluminum internals I got a set of steel internals. I have about 10 packs on the steel internals and they do not show any wear.
corkysk8 is offline   Reply With Quote