Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Dig for SWX Chassis???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Dig for SWX Chassis???

I am looking for a dig that will fit in an SWX chassis. I am new to dig so the unit should be simple (or as simple as possible for a dig) to install. Instructions would be nice to help me install the dig. If no instructions then would like the dig to be popular enough I could get help on the forum if I run into problems. Which is very likely with my lack of skills.
This is the last major component I need to complete my crawler.
Thanks in advance to anyone who replys to this thread.
BMFOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

DNA...DNA...DNA!!! it works great on the swx and on dna's website there is great install instructions and EPA instructions. it is extremely easy to set up and run. imho it is the oly dig to use, the great part about dna is that you can easly buy replacement parts IF anything ever breaks!!!
tonylivestoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:16 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

let me know if you need help with a dna install, you gotta cut the servo mount with this kit but it is extremely easy. check this out.dna dig servo mount
tonylivestoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:47 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylivestoday View Post
let me know if you need help with a dna install, you gotta cut the servo mount with this kit but it is extremely easy. check this out.dna dig servo mount
i am going to order a dna dig today. the link was very helpful and the detailed stamped instructions were very nice.

where will i have to cut the servo mount. it looks like from the pics in the link you cut the servo in half??? i am going to be using either an hs-5645mg or cys high torque srevo if that helps.

i have a hot racing dig, but dont have any servo mounts and dont have any equipment to make mounts. plus not really sure how to install the dig. no detiled instuctions like the dna unit.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:16 PM   #5

I will try to get a couple of pics for you. I used the mount that the DNA came with. That's the new mount, not the older bracket. Mounted a low profile servo (Futaba 9551) with the small round servo arm the servo comes with under the servo mount. You may have to extend the servo lead depending on where your receiver is mounted. The Dig works very smooth with this set up. It is a close fit but it does fit. I did not have to cut or modify anything.
Arcee Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcee Newbie View Post
I will try to get a couple of pics for you. I used the mount that the DNA came with. That's the new mount, not the older bracket. Mounted a low profile servo (Futaba 9551) with the small round servo arm the servo comes with under the servo mount. You may have to extend the servo lead depending on where your receiver is mounted. The Dig works very smooth with this set up. It is a close fit but it does fit. I did not have to cut or modify anything.
i will be looking for the pics if you get the uploaded. thanks.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:00 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylivestoday View Post
DNA...DNA...DNA!!! it works great on the swx and on dna's website there is great install instructions and EPA instructions. it is extremely easy to set up and run. imho it is the oly dig to use, the great part about dna is that you can easly buy replacement parts IF anything ever breaks!!!

X2 DNA makes an awesome dig.
Jeepial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:31 AM   #8

I have the pics for you, but I can't seem to be able to upload them.
Arcee Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote