Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Motor & Weight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 05:57 AM   #1

Post Motor & Weight

Guy's: I have a Axial Scorpion RTR Rig It has the Stock 27-T motor in it I was @ my local HS (thursday) & I was digging through there Clearance Item's & came across a Team Integy 65-T Brushed Motor So I bought it (19.99) I thought this was a good Deal. My Question is how hard of a job is it to swapp out the motor ( I am a Newbie) "but pretty Mech Inclined" & I have heard the Higher the Turn on the motor the better for a crawler Rig & is my 65-T motor a good choice. With that all said how can I add Weight to my Scorpion I am running into (Tipping over) problems wile I am crawling I mainly crawl over (Down'ed Tree Log's) "wood's behind my house" & Rock's of different size's My BIG issue is when I am just about ready to Crawl over a HI Rock or Log once I start my Crawl onto the Terrain.
I am alway's (tipping over) & must reattempt over again

My Friend that Crawls with me on most days. Said he put Steel BB's in his Wheels to Add Weight "Witch I might try" But Figured I'd ask the Crawler Pro's on hear what there 2 cents Is
Grave95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2009, 11:48 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

A motor swap is fairly easy, swap gears wires install. Make good gear lash. A way I do it is to take a small piece of paper and feed it through the gears and force the gears close to each other with the paper in there. This way there is a small gap but not a huge gap that can strip the gears after using it.

Now for weight there are many options, lead weights, repostion of the batteries, and moving around equipment. Your best bet is to research for what the best option for you would be. Be it: Adding BB's to the tires, adding stick on weights on the rims, or new batteries. Its all what your wallet can afford. Unless you can find great deals.
rentstdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:45 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I'm running an Integy 65T (geared at 18/78 ), it has plenty of torque, but at the cost of speed. That might not seem like a big deal, but it has caused me problems. At the last comp I lacked the wheel speed to get up a rock, ended up timing out, on the 4th gate .

You will get plenty of run time off of this motor.

You want just a little bit of movement between the spur and pinion.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote