Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: what to buy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 07:25 PM   #1

Default what to buy?

so i am looking to buy a crawler and i have 2 options and with that comes questions

i have a guy thats selling a clod based crawler on craigslist for 150. it appears to have basic tires and wheels. it comes with a rooster crawler esc (single) and some magnetic mayhem 360 (i think) motors and a stock tamiya radio and reciever. from the pics it seems ok, and the video he sent it was a lil fast but i would believe its cause of the motors. it also seemed "stiff" but i know some like articulation some down like alot. now, the issues i have buying this unit is its used, i have to drive 2 hours there and 2 back and more than likely get caught in 2 hour or better traffic. but after all the time, and 50 bucks for fuel i would have to go out and buy the higher turn motors and possibly a second esc (i know so may be for or against)

now my other option would be to buy the NEW Axial ax10 rtc. now, my understand is its pretty well quipped and ready to roll with a 55t motor and all that. however i swear it looks to have the same plastic links and such from the RTR Model. so, on that note i would be inclined to buy the alluminum bent links and all. so with this kit costing more, but no drive/traffic, then adding in the links which i am sure is 45+ hwever its allll NEW

so, out of the 2 and weighing in the options and pros/cons what would be the better of the 2??

thanks in advance.
loudassgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

i would go with the axial then you start with a new truck instead of a fix-r upper
special agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:32 PM   #3
Suck it up!

Don't buy either.

Take $20 and get a star, then hit the classifieds here. You'll find good deals and spend a reasonable amount of money getting what you want. Granted, you might have to piece it, but it will be worth it in the end.

I don't care how "capable" a new rig is, you'll spend tons of time and money getting it to where you want it. In your post you've already pointed that out...trust me, new isn't all that. Been there, done that, regretted it. 75% of my ARTR is strewn about my work area, doing nothing. The remaining 25% is bolted on to better stuff that I either bought or made.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote