Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: kidding me ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 05:24 PM   #1

Default kidding me ?

just got new 1500 3s lipo from ckrc and no go , no power , dosent read on charger . called up and i have to pay for shipping to send it back and for a new one shipped to me , are they kidding me . never again and thats after i just spent about a grand with them . thats why i love amain , any problems they ship new part with return label in the box , no wait time and no shipping cost .

sorry guys just venting !!!
benrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default What!

Hey I don't blame you if they screwed you over like that. I'd be pi$$ also.:?
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

been down this road with them before myself. Had to pay for tires twice to get one set...by the way if CKRC reads this, I still never got the tires you said were shipped last August.
jrkilburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Default tell me your kidding " Right "

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkilburn View Post
been down this road with them before myself. Had to pay for tires twice to get one set...by the way if CKRC reads this, I still never got the tires you said were shipped last August.

What the hell is going on here! Trying to ripoff the working man. " Damn ":?
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

when will people learn...CKRCrap,,yes they suck
worst customer service in history and i have been doing mailorder for over 25 years
irok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:53 PM   #6
Suck it up!

I got one last week and it worked fine.

That sucks that they make you pay to send thier broke ass stuff back. I'd understand if they refunded you once they determined that it was in fact bad...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I only ordered from them once, didn't have a problem with shippin/actually getting it, its just the quality isnt there. I decided not to go through them anymore just as a personal preference, its all about RPP! Best service ever!!!!!!!
axman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Oh and paying shipping to? Wow thats bulshit. Dont even bother, just take the loss.
axman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:20 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman2010 View Post
I only ordered from them once, didn't have a problem with shippin/actually getting it, its just the quality isnt there. I decided not to go through them anymore just as a personal preference, its all about RPP! Best service ever!!!!!!!
X2

Corey rocks
RustlerHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Iv'e gotten a few thing before, not any problems at all

The last thing I got from them was the CKRC Ft. dig. That thing was the biggest piece of junk. It was good for about 1 comp, then the dig output stripped. Of course I know thats RC4WD crap.

But after hearing this I will think twice about them...
bayouhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:33 PM   #11

That really sucks. You would think that a company that survives on mail order would be extremely interested in customer service. It wouldn't be all that difficult for them to arrange a pickup. It's not like something that size is going to cost an arm and a leg for them to get it back in-house. And it's even more disappointing that they didn't take into account how much you actually spent with them prior to making the decision...customer service will make or break you.

What's really funny is that I was contemplating ordering 3 of these exact same lipo's tomorrow and, after reading this post, I've decided to just buy them here locally even though they'll cost a bit more. At least I can walk into the store and put my hands around their neck if they don't work.

And my .02? I've purchased from CKRC and TCSCrawlers. My CKRC orders seemed to get shipped when they got around to it and TCS ALWAYS ships my stuff like they can't get it out soon enough. I typically get the goods from them 2 to 3 days after I order. TCS seems to charge much less for shipping and I've never had to wait for a part. If the site said they had it in stock, it was in the box in front of me, just like I said, 2 - 3 days later. If they offer the part, I buy it from TCS - unfortunately they don't have these lipo's...

Regarding your issue, call them and make sure that they eat the shipping if they do in fact find the part defective. If it appears that they won't eat the shipping, contact your credit card company, refuse the part, and contest the charge. You WILL get all of your money back and CKRC will eat all of the charges. They do not have you over a barrel.
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
You WILL get all of your money back and CKRC will eat all of the charges. They do not have you over a barrel.
any time your card is charged your 'over a barrel'
we had so much trouble with them we ate over $600 worth of garbage
irok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

while we are on this about to be closed topic:

took 13 days to get an order, when parcel post is 2-11days?, oh yeah but packing takes 2-3 days.

crushed box, no padding inside(cmon, shipping a ARTR-not some small billet parts), like 30 stamps on the box-cottonmouth. product was fine tho.

that was the first and only time I ordered thru them, trying to save a little with their free shipping.

I use TCS first, then RPP, then RCP if they have it in stock.
TCS because I recieve it faster than RPP(due to location), but BOTH ship VERY FAST.
barbaricboye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:28 PM   #14

i even told them that i have a bunch of friends that want to order crawler packages and they didnt care , i will never use again , sending lipo back and getting refunded , book closed . amain for now on .

is that stage 2 kit even worth putting on or should i send that back to ?

thanks guys , for the support .
Old 07-13-2009, 08:28 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Their 3s lipos are just the ones off ebay but with a different sticker on it. Check their sales history and to who it sells to. CKRC buys quite a few at a time for about 10-11 dollars then sells them for what ever it is now. Just buy off ebay and eliminate the middle man.
kikcaffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #16

one more ?

are there any other crawler specific stores that are good ? amain is great but only for somethings .

thanks
Old 07-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

www.tcscrawlers.com

Amazing.
kikcaffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

i been to ckrc's shop one time & lets just say the frist time was also the last time...i really only deal with tcs or rpp
sandblaster87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:34 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

WOW, first time I delt with them they shipped me only half shocks, shock body and springs...that's it..I called up and he said keep them and he will send out new ones, I told him that after looking at these I changed my mind but want to order different set, he sent them to me and had me try them out..they didn't work either so I called once again and told him..he send me a return envolope for the second shocks, I sent both back and got all my money back...delt with them 3 times since then and they are fine, sent parts...Jake even sent me a e-mail asking how the Lipo was doing... that service..

sorry you had a bad deal with them.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:43 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by benrock View Post

is that stage 2 kit even worth putting on or should i send that back to ?

thanks guys , for the support .

the stage 2 kit-personally I didn't like it, made my rig handle worse. You see what's in that ziploc-screws, bent links, 70mm links, etc. you can piece one together for a lot cheaper.

for the $40 for the stage 2, you can get a cheap chassis-or just add a little more and get one of the higher end chassis.

if you look at what you got for $40 and like it, then keep it.
barbaricboye is offline   Reply With Quote