Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Rough drawings of tuber concept opinions wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2005, 10:24 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Rough drawings of tuber concept opinions wanted

I got bored and drew this up, it'd be for my maxx crawler. The shaded areas are where Proline F-100 panels would end up. I know they're really rough and not perfect centered and what not but you get the general idea. This would be my first tuber, first brazing project (dad can help with this though, he's been welding and brazing for 25-30 years). See any weak points or areas that would need more gusseting? I didn't do up a drawing of the bottom, it would just tie everthing together and mount the trans.

Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2005, 11:17 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Not too bad. You really don't need many gussets with this scale. If you keep your runs between the joints under 4" it will be sturdy. Do you have any dimensions? I could do a 3d drawing for ya if I had some. Good start tho
RCHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 12:17 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Maybe we can share a few 3D models.. I have this one that is using mad/twin force axles and the drawing is very good. Good enough to design brackets and such off of.. I dont use video games, I use 3D solid model....

LMK if you want to share some files.....

skipstr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 12:30 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHunter
Not too bad. You really don't need many gussets with this scale. If you keep your runs between the joints under 4" it will be sturdy. Do you have any dimensions? I could do a 3d drawing for ya if I had some. Good start tho
Probably 18 inches long, 7 wide 6 high. I don't have the body sitting in front of me, it's sitting in my living room, but I can't have it till x-mas (I order my list then parents buy it, that way I get exactly what I wanted).
Old 11-27-2005, 12:56 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I drew something for ya. It's 17lx6wx5h. That ok?

sure skip. I'm using rhino 3d. What filetype can you use? Rhino is .3dm but I can save as a different type. Nice renderings. I have zero x factor stuff but I have revo shafts and maxx knuckles and spot on diffs.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:03 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Ok.. I am using IronCAD3D... Its kinda old but its what we use at work to build areospace structures.. So its not as good for conture kinda stuff, but for what I'm doing its great.. I can do the normal ones.. DXF, ics, and .3ds... I'll send a file if you give me your email address and you can mess with the files I send and see what ones work..

Heres what I was working on last night...
Old 11-27-2005, 01:13 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

fattail@cfl.rr.com I have autocad also so I should be good. My 3d revo aint as good as yours showoff
Old 11-27-2005, 01:28 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Hows this

Old 11-27-2005, 01:58 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Very cool, almost spot on, the lower tubes of the bed would come out to the bottom corners of the cab though, just follow along under the top rails of the bed, the curved pieces would comeout to the corners in the front, thanks for drawing it up though, very cool.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:17 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I widened it to 7 and changed those bars.

Old 11-27-2005, 02:20 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Very cool RCHunter.. You can do that pretty fast.. Now what software did that..?

I am send the file of the truck now.. If you know how to use the annimation please try to use it on mine.. I cant figure it out and I want to cycle the suspention and continue with my drawing.. I hope it works for you.. I had to save the file from one computer to another.. I can open it from mine but this comp has no 3D modeling software installed.. LMK if it works for you...
Old 11-27-2005, 02:26 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Thanks. I'm just used to drawing frame so they go quick. I use rhinocerus 2. I don't have animation software. What should I use?
Old 11-27-2005, 02:28 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Not sure.. Mine has annimation option but I cant get it to work.. I really just learn as I go, as I have no schooling with 3D... Installed it a year ago and just played with it.. So I am still learning.. hahhahah
Old 11-27-2005, 02:37 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

I'm in the same boat. This is basic stuff really. I knew autocad but nothing about 3d when I started. Been about 3 years for me on 3d.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:23 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHunter
I'm in the same boat. This is basic stuff really. I knew autocad but nothing about 3d when I started. Been about 3 years for me on 3d.

Yea I guess the depriving childhood I had without video games has brought a better side out of me that I can spend hours on the CAD and still want more..

I sent you the files.. If they work I have a few others.. I would like to see the diff you have....?
Old 11-28-2005, 01:31 AM   #16

Looks good....does it need any bracing between the curved lower bars and the top tubes or cab area..?
Lucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:39 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

I think it's ok Lucas.

I'm having a hard time downloading IronCAD skip. I'll keep trying.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:52 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Hey guys wanted to say nice 3d models. Been doing 3d CAD work for a couple years now. Just started using a new rendering program called cinema. It has animation in it but I havent ventured that far yet.

I have a few files but nothing that is truly spot on. Good enough for basic calculations. Nothing I would use for on center hole locations. Anyways, back onto topic. I like the frame design!
NickRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 12:35 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Got ironcad loaded. Big learning curve. It seems nice. That bearing thing is sweet tho. Damn thing won't import rhino stuff. You on AOL IM skip?

Here is my diff. It just needs the output shafts. I love my digi calipers.

Old 11-28-2005, 12:40 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Digi calipers are nice

NickRummy is offline   Reply With Quote