Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: v2's or b2's?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default v2's or b2's?

Been thinking of giving my bergs a break and trying out either the version 2's or the bully 2's.....opinons? One thing is I already have plenty of spare berg parts, if they transfer over that is...
Also obviously the price is a huge difference BUT shipping is always something that can make or break something for me, tcs with the v2's means I can prolly have em middle of next week if I were to order this weekend, but I have never ordered from rc4wd...opinions on that as well???
slowngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2009, 07:18 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I say bullys! Great axles and awesome price. Shipping can take a while but it's worth it!
axman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:25 PM   #3
RCC Addict

How longs a while?
Old 09-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I dont think many of the original berg parts will work on the V.2 axles. (That's just from what I've read, I havent held a set in my hand to look at them)
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:56 PM   #5
RCC Addict

ok, I wasnt sure about them swapping over or not.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #6
RCC Addict

rpp has the bullies in stock and they are one of the fastest shipping shops I order from, click the payment button and boom at your door

http://www.shop.rpphobby.com/product...categoryId=184
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:12 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Get the B2's the new bergs just dont look right and have none of the intechangability with axial parts I'm fairly certain
nismotuningrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:05 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I had B2's and just installed the V2's tonight. I think I dropped 2 pounds of weight off my rig. The B2's were nice but they are a little too heavy for what I want to do.

The V2's are clocked, 5mm stubs, OTA steering out of the box, light as hell, a little wider, zero ackerman.

The B2's were well fabricated also, they are clocked axles and had flat tops for mounting ease.

I honestly dont think its a mistake either way but I am moving to a lighter setup now. My bully weighed in at 8lbs 6oz with battery and electronics.
69CrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:25 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I just got a set of v2s. Nothing will interchance from the old bergs (even the clocking fixures won't work) except the servo/link clamps. They don't come with any extras so ya will have to fab servo and top link mounts. The front isn't clocked much. They will take some grinding to smooth the sharp edges, the knuckles are wierd and the center housing is wide. All in all some work, but they do come with cv joints and will turn sharp. Plus they don't weight a ton like the bullys. I'm gonna try and make something with them and give them a whirl.:-P
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:11 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Ok, thanks for the opinions guys! Sucks the v2's dont interchange with the v1's...hmmm...
Old 09-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
I just got a set of v2s. Nothing will interchance from the old bergs (even the clocking fixures won't work) except the servo/link clamps. They don't come with any extras so ya will have to fab servo and top link mounts. The front isn't clocked much. They will take some grinding to smooth the sharp edges, the knuckles are wierd and the center housing is wide. All in all some work, but they do come with cv joints and will turn sharp. Plus they don't weight a ton like the bullys. I'm gonna try and make something with them and give them a whirl.:-P

No upper link mounts?????
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
No upper link mounts?????
Just a low off center plate to screw a 3m screw into. Really a joke
Old 09-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I would agree that the low profile upper link mount is not ideal but I am planning on making my own mount out of Delrin until someone starts making something similar to what Saver did in his build.

NEW BERG build

I never used old bergs so the interchangibility is not a big deal to me. My old axial stuff didnt work with my B2's when I switched to them.

I will comp my V2's for the first time tomorrow and feel comfortable that they will not break or bend due to the 5mm stubs which look identical to the ones I bought from RC Axle Master for my Bully. They probably are not 4340 Chromoly like the ones he makes but they are definately beefer than the previous berg axles.

I dont think you will go wrong with either one. It just depends if you want allot of weight or just a little. I weighed my rig today and it went from 8 pounds 6 ozs with the B2's to 5 pounds 6 ozs with the V2's. 3 pounds by changing axles and swapping my rear Vanquish Pro-Comps to the new Vanquish SLW rims. I could lose another 8 ozs by changing out my front procomps for the SLW's but I want to keep the positive forward weight bias.
69CrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Bully 2's cheaper and stronger out of the box

I have a Berg v1 works great but want to try the bully 2's . I kinfa do like the weight of the axles but i think in can make them work.
Flyin Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:10 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Hawaiian View Post
Bully 2's cheaper and stronger out of the box

I have a Berg v1 works great but want to try the bully 2's . I kinfa do like the weight of the axles but i think in can make them work.
Same here, I love my bergs but wanna try something new...Im making up my mind today but if the b2's are so good why arent more people using them???
Old 09-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #16
RCC Addict

I just ordered a set of V2, I like a light rig, so Bulllies were not an option. The fact that TCS is giving free rovers away with the axles just sealed the deal. I can't say on either, as this is my first moa. Although the new bergs look fairly tuff and have a lot less weight and a lot more clearance over the bullies.

Kieren
Aussie Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:22 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

ok so i own bullys which i love i got to see some berg v2 run today and they perfom like a berg but with no vendor support i would go bullys or og bergs, i sit about 8 pds on my bully running the same set up as mu buddy with og berg. hes sitting at 5.5 pds. i was able to make some climbs alot easier then the berg did as i am a little heavier but he made some lines easier then i did so its a toss up i love my bullys and will support rc4wd and the bullys this is my first moa and im extremly happy and at half the price of og bergs to get them to the same status as my bullys id say bullys all the way!
punkuup5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Yeah my berg right now sits right at 8 lbs, wich suits my driving better, I cant drive a light rig for nothing. I did decide on bully's though today, thanks for the input.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

WOW, bullys are 2.5+lb heavier! I guess if ya are ok with a 8+lb rig the bullys are a good choice.:? I'm pretty happy at 5.5lbs.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:06 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

My Bully II is a great rig, never messed or even seen the V2 Bergs so I can't say one is better than the other...but even for a heavy rig, the bully hasn't let me down yet. I would like to see RC4WD make some lighter cases and axle housing for them though, but I know that is has to be pretty expensive to do that. Either way, it's nice to at least have parts support and until I get to the point that I can't make a climb because of the weight, I have no complaints.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote