Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: 2 hours of run time ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2005, 05:16 PM   #1

Default 2 hours of run time ???

How in the world is everyone getting 2 hours or more run time out of their batteries....... I'm lucky to get half an hour.........

I mess with it once a day, and let it charge over night.... still the next day, I might get half and hour.......

Is it just a few people getting that kinda run time, or is most getting it....
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2005, 05:22 PM   #2
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

I am wondering the same thing. I have run my battery until it was completly dead and let it charge over night and I still only get about a 1/2 hour run time on it. I was running with my Nephew and his Nylint and he got over 2 hours run time on his.

I am thinking that some of the batteries or chargers Nylint is sending out are not as good as others, because I am doing the same process as others and using the same charger as everyone else. :?
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 05:39 PM   #3

I'm one of the lucky ones I get around 2hours or more on mine. I use low most of the time. High uses up alot of the battery quick. Right now I don't even have high gear in mine. I took the motor and changer arm out. So it stays in low all the time now. I just carrie it to the next spot to crawl.
Gary
Wildmania2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 09:15 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Im one of the lucky ones too i get well over 2 hrs of non stop run time sometimes more depending if i dont spend alot of time just spinning tires to get up a line
whuzzz_up_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:02 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Hmmm. I must be reeeaaalllll lucky because I get well over 3 hrs & sometimes > 4.
I don't know.
raytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:49 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

12v Lead-Acid batteries should not be allowed to drop below 10.8v
If they do... they can be permanatly damaged...
Yes, that means car batteries too...
So to get the most life out of your batteries, I suggest that you don't drain them all the way.
-Trevor
player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 08:19 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

When a Pb battery is first used it should have received it's forming charge just as in any of our RC batteries.

Additionally, the batteries require a special charge rate and constant voltage.

Charge rate is equivalent to 1/10 of it's capacity = 420ma and on the 12v battery the charge voltage should be in the 13.6 range. Charge should take approx 8-10 hrs.

I've read on this forum about some folks using the peak chargers to charge these batteries in an hour or less. If you have done so you've more likely than not damaged your battery and reduced it's run time. Only use chargers provided with the battery or an RC charger which has a Pb charge setting.

...Papewayo
Papewayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 09:29 AM   #8

I dont run my batteries way low either, and I never leave low range. I can easily get 3 hours out of one charge.
Otto Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 09:36 AM   #9