Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: opinions- Ditch my XTM Axles for Super Bully's?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
Sometimes, I make things.

Default opinions- Ditch my XTM Axles for Super Bully's?

I am thinking about ditching my XTM axles i have for a set of the Super Bully's. They are still new, and i need to build a chassis still. Basicaly what i am wondering is if the XTM's are even worth putting on a Super class rig i will spend a lot of $ building? I am thinking i will sell them now, while they are still un used to help them keep some value, for the price of the Super Bully axles i think it would be a good move. I am a newbie though, this will be my first rig, i have just heard some bad news about XTM axles, and havent realy heard any of the Bully's. Are the bully axles very strong? i see a lot of them being used so i'de imagine they are a good product.

I will probably re-assemble the the XTM ARTR kit i bought and sell it off.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I've never had a set, but I've heard allot of talk that the XTX axles have problems with the gears. The Bullys are still new and are going to have growing pains of their own though. What kind of chassis are you going with?
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:08 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Bully's are the best out of the box axles available,,they are comp worthy upon delivery...no upgrades are necessary with the new V4 internals
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:30 AM   #4
Sometimes, I make things.

I plan on building a custom tube chassis, skinned in a repro Clod Body, and custom links so i will basicaly be starting from scratch. I have all my materials, i just need to make some templates and then some jigs to replicate certain bends. I am mainly wanting to switch out the XTM's because if i break something, and canot make it myself, i am sure parts wont be easy to get. Since the Bully's axles are very popular i am betting it will be easier to get parts for them. I'm sure i will break something, i have a tendancy to find weak points in about anything with wheels i own.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:48 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Bully's are the best out of the box axles available,,they are comp worthy upon delivery...no upgrades are necessary with the new V4 internals

X2 on that one..They are awesome right out of the box
Jeepial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:53 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:

This has yet to be proven
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:00 PM   #7
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucknuts View Post
This has yet to be proven
I haven't seen anyone break a set yet?
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:06 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepial View Post
X2 on that one..They are awesome right out of the box
Guys he is talking about Super Bully's, have yall run them?
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:28 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I'd go for RC4WD's Super Bully axles, as these were specifically designed to meet the rigid requirements for a Super RockCrawler, tested and approved by team RC4WD.

OK so sometimes even the strongest of axles on rare occasions/circumstance fail. Nothing to worry, RC4WD has in many occasions PROVEN to provide one the best Customer Care. Now, that's tough to Beat!
Siggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:35 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy View Post
I'd go for RC4WD's Super Bully axles, as these were specifically designed to meet the rigid requirements for a Super RockCrawler, tested and approved by team RC4WD.

OK so sometimes even the strongest of axles on rare occasions/circumstance fail. Nothing to worry, RC4WD has in many occasions PROVEN to provide one the best Customer Care. Now, that's tough to Beat!

I would agree with him. The bullys are great axles. I just got a set of the 2.2 and am amazed at the quality. With rc4wd your only an email away for parts also IF something breaks. My lhs doesn't carry xtm parts as MANY others.
You have to look at parts availability. Rc4wd is a crawling company and has proven itself in customer service. I may be wrong but don't xtm parts have to be shipped from overseas?
addictedtonitro is offline   Reply With Quote