Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: So many questions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2005, 05:13 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default So many questions...

Ok... so I'm a newb to the whole RC crawler thing. Saw the Nylint crawlers and thought they were damn cool and my gf ended up getting me one for my b-day. So I popped it out of the box and chased my cats around with it, tried to drive it up a chair after the cats, and then drove it a second time out of my room. I noticed that the passengers side knuckle broke. Plastic stressed and allowed for that ball stype joint to pop out, which in turn kind of chewed up the inside of the knuckle a little bit. I was kind of surprised that it broke. I kind of skimmed through some threads and I kind of gathered that knuckles breaking is a fairly common problem? I didnt think to strip down and check the internals in the front axle for more damage, probably should tomorrow (eerr today... its 4:15am right now) morning when I wake up. I also skimmed through threads about upgraded chassis. Whats the deal with those, what changes have been made, and what about cost? I checked the support page about just buying a new knuckle and on the parts list they only listed a new chassis and drive train. I didnt want to drop $70 for a whole new drive train if I only really need to swap a couple parts. I ended up putting it all back together and getting the knuckle in place. It drove, but once I butted the front tires against a verticles stone wall and it didnt give the knuckle broke yet again. Any way, any one have any advice or anything that could help me out in getting my crawler up and running knuckle breakage free.
Optiskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2005, 05:20 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Just call C.S. and they will take care of you. Their great poeple.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 05:49 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

VERY great people. I just received my new chassis yesterday.
icu_runnin is offline   Reply With Quote