Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: New guy and yet more front axle breakage...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2005, 12:48 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default New guy and yet more front axle breakage...

First off, lemme say WOW, you guys are a wealth of knowledge! Second, let me present my breakage to you guys and see what's up:

I got my left front tire wedges and managed to flex the knuckle to the point that the ball popped out of the socket (in the CV joint). Didn't shear the pin like everyone else has, but flexed the knuckle to the point the cv joint fell apart. I noticed stress whitening on the other knuckle too. BTW, this was my first run with it (about 20 minutes). Anyone else had this trouble?

BTW, awesome site!
gregman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2005, 02:45 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Check this thread out.

Knuckle Fix Found!

This will fix it. Give Customer service a call. If you get a upgraded chassis they have this fixed on it.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 11:52 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

lol Same thing happened to me only I got maybe an hours worth of running time in the living room with mine. Also noticed on mine that the inside of the axle was toaste. Split some plastic ring and it looks like the spines on the shaft may even be damaged. Waiting to see if the customer service is as good as every one says it is. lol
Optiskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 01:48 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Well, I popped it back in, got about an hour of abuse and managed to pop it back out, totally breaking one of the socket ears off. Now, I can pop it back in, drive it forward about two feet in a straight line and it'll pop back out. I'll exchange it tomorrow at Wally World, and if they don't give me the improved chassis, I'll try and repeat the same breakage so I can exchange it from Funrise for the improved version. Then I've just gotta paint it to match my YJ, dovetail the tub, extend the wheelbase, sipe the tires, tummy tuck it....
Old 12-25-2005, 02:02 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Dude, don't try and break it just to get a new chassis...
Thats just selfish.
player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 04:26 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by player
Dude, don't try and break it just to get a new chassis...
Thats just selfish.
Well, not try and break it. But if you saw how I drive my 1:1 Jeep, you'd understand. If there's a weak part, it's going to break if I'm behind the wheel, so I just call it trying to break parts instead of driving. I even say it that way with the real Jeep.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:29 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Nylint will assist you once, twice . . . . . but three times you're a "Lamo".

Chose wisely when to invoke your warranty.

Last edited by The Lyin' King; 12-25-2005 at 09:31 PM.
The Lyin' King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 10:35 PM   #8

I can't believe they actually warrenty parts for people like you. Yeah....lets all go out and purposely try to break it, so we can get free parts! What a tool.
Otto Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:17 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Man
I can't believe they actually warrenty parts for people like you. Yeah....lets all go out and purposely try to break it, so we can get free parts! What a tool.
okay, maybe you didn't read my last post. Go back and read before you judge. Especially before you call someone a tool, and on Christmas no less . And for God's sake, it's not like I'm jumping up and down on the thing, I'm just using it, it broke, and I'm gonna see if the breakage repeats on my next one. And Nylint isn't replacing this one, Wal-Mart is. Nylint will replace the next one *if* there is catastrophic breakage. Jesus, people, lighten up.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:51 AM   #10
JJ

I broke mine the same today after about 30 minutes of running some "boulders" in the back yard. Looks like I Don't have the updated chassis, and they are closed today. I will be calling to order a replacement upgraded chassis tomorrow. I hope the upgraded chassis holds together better than this one did. Had a blast playing and want to get back out there.
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote