Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: My first project... but donno what to do

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2006, 09:03 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default My first project... but donno what to do

i just got my jeep and want to mod it.. but i dont want to spend alot of money.. i already have cut the springs, cut the tires, trimmed the body, and custom paint job. i want to two link it to get the axle wrap out of it, and other stuff, any tips or suggestions to help get this thing flexing and climbing better would be great, thanks for all of the help in advance, oh and heres one good pic of it: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/biggz_...e2.jpg&.src=ph
Quade
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2006, 09:17 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

well 2.2s aint cheap but they work good.and a tummy tuck.
CHEVY_454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:24 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

yeah, im tryin to do a tummy tuck but i cant find a good place to put the battery with out cutting alot, i want to make it a scale crawler and realistic as possible
Old 01-02-2006, 09:52 PM   #4
RCC Addict

WELL DO I HAVE GOOD NEW FOR YOU MY FRIEND!!!! I tummy tucked mine and i am still running stock battery. How?? Simple, i dont have pics up yet but heres a pretty good explination:

Step 1. Cut away underbody (tummy)
Step 2. Take the body off. not sure what this is called but the plastic peice that covers the electronic stuff, the side that is near the front of your truck is straight up and down right? Yes it is, and the rear is slanted \_____| like that.
Step 3. Take the circuit bored off and cut a hole in the plastic so you can pull the batter connecter out from goin through there
Step 4. so what your gonna do now is flip the peice around. |_____/ like so, yeah there are a few gaps but nothin major, if you dont feel secure a bout that open space take a hot glue gun or somethin and patch up the gaps.
Step 5. Your going to want to rout the cable so it comes out up top on the slant.
Step 6. This is the trick part, your going to place your batter on that slant, connect it up. And now you are going to put the jeep cover back on. YES IT WORKS, i have it on mine!
dirk379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:22 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Another cheap way to relocate the battery easily and cheaply is when you do the tummy tuck, take some velcro (get from grocery store) and stick some on your battery and another piece under your hood. It puts the weight up front and over the front axle (good for climbing) and there is plenty of room. I did this with no springs on my front shocks and it fit fine. And I didnt have to modify the battery cable or anything else.

Leach
93yjpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:08 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

yeah, they are both two good ways but i found one easy one myself, i just put the battery right up to the front of the \_____| (<--) and rerouted my wire to it, i used the things that go on the body screws that are like washers and made a "body lift", i had to swap the shock screws with the regular body screws to make it work, its purdy good, ill get pics up as soon as i get new batteries for the digi camera to explain it better. thanks for the help so far, Quade
Old 01-03-2006, 08:25 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

i havent did a tummy tuck yet on my new one.it helps alpt though.
CHEVY_454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:56 PM   #8

I did mine the same way dirk did, the only problem i see with it is that you have to take the body off to charge the battery, unless you can wedge the connector somehow so it stays tight.
jcruiser70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:00 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

yeah, i tried it but i couldnt figure how he did it so i just messed around and found how to do it like i did, ill get pics up asap its real easy and simple, and you can charge the battery without taking off the body
Old 01-04-2006, 06:27 PM   #10
RCC Addict

yah the way i have mine setup i can charge it w/ out takin body off.
dirk379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:29 PM   #11

Default here is how mine is

I just cut the front part of the tray that encloses the electronics off and cut holes in my chassis sides and ran a zip tie through to secure the battery. this works good and gets the weight up front too bad I cant get it lower !! anyway i can still charge the battery and after charged and ready to play i just tuck the connector up under the body
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fstfou...nm=1d75re2.jpg
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fstfou...e2.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fstfou...nm=ab6dre2.jpg
Strub1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:03 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

About the two link...I did it and didn't like it to much...It helps with flex but only if you have a really heavy truck otherwise it just keeps the truck from articulating. So, I went back to the stock in the rear but kept it two linked in the front with ball ends on both ends just need to figure out a way to keep it from going side to side...
Collapse_The_Masses is offline   Reply With Quote