Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Gmade Team Zero shocks.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Gmade Team Zero shocks.

Has anyone ran them, if so how do they do?
Axial95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2010, 06:13 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

here is a review

G*MADE G-Transitions Shock REVIEW,
chris w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I have set of the longest Zero shocks on my AX-10 and am overall happy with them.

They look very sharp. They come with two sets of lower spring retainers, plastic and blingy aluminum, but the aluminum ones don't fit well on the AX-10.

They outsides were spotless and scratch free, but I had to clean the crap out of the inside of the bodys to get the pistons to operate smoothly.

The upper pivots on the bodies have a tick of lateral play in them, which bugs me a little. There is no vertical play, and I could probably put a set of O-rings on them to remove it.

I have probably twenty crawling hours on them and two are just starting to leak, compared to the stockers that leaked sitting on the bench.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:08 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

After reading reviews, i think i'm leaning toward them, people also mentions Big Bores but i think theese will be the best. Do you know the best place to get them?
Old 01-16-2010, 10:22 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Have you seen anyone running the Gmade G-Transition shocks? I'm going to get Gmades but can't decide between the two.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I have a set of the Gmade Team Zero (black 94mm). The only comment I have is they leak, leak, leak. They are only about 3 to 4 weeks old. I read great reviews on these but I guess someone had to get the bad set.
Riksss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:36 AM   #7
Try to Bend it

I run them on my axial, I only have a few packs through them. I think with some tuning in the springs and some different weight oil they can be quite good. But will wait and see.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:31 AM   #8
www.team3sixrc.com

G*MADE G-Transitions Shock REVIEW,
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #9

Default Re: Gmade Team Zero shocks.

those reviews are for the transition shocks obviously, not the zero, which is not only what is being asked about but is the title of the thread. gg
GnarKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarKill View Post
those reviews are for the transition shocks obviously, not the zero, which is not only what is being asked about but is the title of the thread. gg
Post #5 asked about the 2nd model.....
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #11

well sorry if i misinterpreted something or if that word is spelled horribly but I bought the zeros, built em up, and they are amazing. Super smooth, springs not to stiff, and unlike what i usually hear about gmade they are holding oil very well. maybe not for everones application but they work very well with my custom shortened wheelbase and very heavy truck. a lot of travel is obviously a must but my ride is I guess a 1/11 or 12 to fit the body i wanted to run, so fit perfect. but any other crawler and i would probly just get 110mm. Ill put some pics in an album so you can decide for yourself but its not 100% and you might giggle at my truck but ill do whatever to get out crawlin!
GnarKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarKill View Post
well sorry if i misinterpreted something or if that word is spelled horribly but I bought the zeros, built em up, and they are amazing. Super smooth, springs not to stiff, and unlike what i usually hear about gmade they are holding oil very well. maybe not for everones application but they work very well with my custom shortened wheelbase and very heavy truck. a lot of travel is obviously a must but my ride is I guess a 1/11 or 12 to fit the body i wanted to run, so fit perfect. but any other crawler and i would probly just get 110mm. Ill put some pics in an album so you can decide for yourself but its not 100% and you might giggle at my truck but ill do whatever to get out crawlin!
No problem, just letting you know there was a flow change within the thread.

Glad they worked out for you.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

I ran the team zero on my clod and had no probs and the performed very well
lewlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

I run them on my baja/mudd truck scx10 I have loved them till today the rears started binding up so I pulled them apart and the fluid was verry nasty 2nd time I have changed fliud and I had to change the valve inside to get it to work correctly . I beat on my truck pretty hard tho and have ran sevral times in water/mud/snow but now I see they are discontinued and I'm wondering how I will get more valves?
svtbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

anyone tried these. they look sweet so want to try them out just wondering if they are worth it.
Attached Images

korn_2956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by korn_2956 View Post
anyone tried these. they look sweet so want to try them out just wondering if they are worth it.

I was hoping for some to have a review of these on their Wraith. That is what I want to put them on. I have been running Traxxas big bores on all of my rigs for years. I really want something more scale. These seem to fit into my vision of what I want from my first Scaler attempt.
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote