Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Backporch Rock Krawlin!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2006, 07:50 PM   #1

Default Backporch Rock Krawlin!

A friend & I set up a small rock course today on my back porch, and had some fun! These little rigs are a blast to drive, and take the edge off while the 1.1's are down. I've got a lightly modded Scorp, and he (.....we'll call him "Mike") has the flexy Jeep. Here are a few pics of our lil competition: http://photobucket.com/albums/b240/M...t%20RC%20pics/

BTW, this is my first post here. Been lurkin for awhile, and stealin a few mods for Ol Yellar.
muslhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2006, 07:56 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

first off, WELCOME!

nice Scorp, wanna post a mod list?

any planned mods?
SlammedMini469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 08:05 PM   #3

Thank ya....and this is a pretty cool site! As fer mods, I've done just a few basics: Grooved the tires, drilled every other hole in the wheels, drilled holes in the inner beadlock, filled front tires with 3 shot-glasses of bb's, rears with 1.5 glasses of bb's, rear home-brew limiting straps, front longer shocks on the rear, swapped mounting position on the rear shock mounts to the top (great shock travel & good side-to-side weight balance), removed rear limiting tabs under the pivot.....and I think that's about it so far. Oh, the front susp. is bone stock fer now, with the exception of having the rear shorter shocks bolted up. I need to order up some more shocks from Nylint, so I can do the front. Works pretty good fer now though!

I did however, crack an outer beadlock on the wheel today, while playin. Kinda suprised when I saw that. At least Wally has em in stock.
muslhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 03:09 PM   #4

Any chance You could get a close up picture of your tires? how do they work for you? a;sp quick specs on the heap?
Todd
RedTJ1997 is offline   Reply With Quote