Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: already charged battery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2006, 01:41 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Talking already charged battery

has anyone pluged there 1:6 in rite out of the box?do they naturally have some charge?i went to wal mart and they were out.called the 1 800 number and got a call from my local store that day.it seems they had one in there advertising offices that never made it to the selfs.the box was open,they had it out,but noone seems to know if it was every charged or ran.so i came home and just to see i pluged it in and it goes pretty good.is this just the factory charge to check the bat.?if the store did charge it,and i do it again think it will hurt.they say no more than 40 hrs on the box.and to let you guys looking for one know,i went to several stores and got nothing from managers.i would go with the 1 800 number,they will contact the store and find one if theres one there alot easier than we can.if someone already mentioned this,heres a confirm,call

Last edited by bipolarcrawler; 01-09-2006 at 01:48 PM. Reason: forgot somthing
bipolarcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2006, 01:47 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

yes, i plugged mine in right out of the box, had some charge, but i didn't play with it, didn't want to damage the battery or anything....
SlammedMini469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:06 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

i plugged it in and the little light was red.then an hour or so later the lights green.i see nothing in the instructions as far as lights on the charger.does green mean done?which means they probably did a charge at the store.thanks again
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedMini469
yes, i plugged mine in right out of the box, had some charge, but i didn't play with it, didn't want to damage the battery or anything....
Old 01-09-2006, 03:09 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

dang
my light never went green, and it was on the charger for almost 20 hours.....they recommend chargeing it for 18 hours for the first charge, and 10 hours after that and niether time did it go green...... :?
SlammedMini469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:22 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

hmmm time to call nylint customer service i guess?thanks though
Quote:
dang
my light never went green, and it was on the charger for almost 20 hours.....they recommend chargeing it for 18 hours for the first charge, and 10 hours after that and niether time did it go green...... :?
Old 01-10-2006, 06:15 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Talking charger light

customer service says"please disregard the light on the charger".some dont have a light he said,but for those of you that do,it means nothing.well after charging i ran it in my indoor course(rainy oregon),these things are fun!its not able to take the same lines as my maxx tuber(to be expected),but it still ends up on top of the same rock pile.out of the box,no mods,im amazed and feel alot better about the $129.00(wal mart clearance!)if this dont hook the first timers,i dont know what will!
Quote:
dang