Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: T case stuck?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2006, 04:54 PM   #1

Default T case stuck?

I just put my crawler back together after doin a few things, now the t case is stuck, the back is stuck in high and the front is stuck in low. any idea's it hasent been charged in a while but it runs fine, could low battery be the cause or did i break something.
Kendhul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2006, 05:16 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

if you've pulled the axle covers off, dollars to donuts you've misaligned the gear on the front shift mechanism. open it back up, make sure the axle for that vertical shift drive gear is seated properly, and try again.
gregman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregman_1
if you've pulled the axle covers off, dollars to donuts you've misaligned the gear on the front shift mechanism. open it back up, make sure the axle for that vertical shift drive gear is seated properly, and try again.
didnt open them up, just did some small things like inboard the shocks, cut the tabs off, remove the bump stops on the axle housing
Old 01-10-2006, 05:47 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

hmm. pull the front axle cover anyways and make sure nothing's broken or misaligned. does it make a constant grinding noise if you try to shift, and then stop when you shift back?
gregman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregman_1
hmm. pull the front axle cover anyways and make sure nothing's broken or misaligned. does it make a constant grinding noise if you try to shift, and then stop when you shift back?

yes, yes it does.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:46 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

aww shucks just lock it in low

or just glue the shifter on the controller in low, that way it cant move and nothing can try to shift.....

but yah, it sounds like something is messed up in the axle. just pull the cover and have a look, theres really no way to mess it up....nothing will fly out at you when you pull the cover. all the gears and in 2 gear cases...

most likely the black arm that does the shifting isn't moving like it should be.
SlammedMini469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedMini469
aww shucks just lock it in low

or just glue the shifter on the controller in low, that way it cant move and nothing can try to shift.....

but yah, it sounds like something is messed up in the axle. just pull the cover and have a look, theres really no way to mess it up....nothing will fly out at you when you pull the cover. all the gears and in 2 gear cases...

most likely the black arm that does the shifting isn't moving like it should be.
Or the Black arm is not pushed down all the way and its not depressing the sending unit buttons (theres one black button on each side, high and low) that means the front axle knows what to do but its not telling the rear.
jeepncowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:44 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

yah but if a black button isn't pushed in, the crawler will surge....

roll the cralwer over so that the tires can spin freely, turn it on and pull the trigger....see if it goes, stops, goes, stops.....

thats what mine did when i was trying to figure out how to lock it in low.....
Old 01-10-2006, 07:51 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedMini469
yah but if a black button isn't pushed in, the crawler will surge....

roll the cralwer over so that the tires can spin freely, turn it on and pull the trigger....see if it goes, stops, goes, stops.....

thats what mine did when i was trying to figure out how to lock it in low.....
He's right, I had to lock mine in low after I did the O-Ring mod. If you mess with the shifter in the axle and don't get it right it throws eveything off. I used some zip ties to lock the axle, and used a rubber band to lock the control high/low on the transmitter. Ghetto-fabolus but it works!
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:12 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

to lock mine, i took out all the shifter stuff, hotglued the slider piece in the low position, clipped the wires to the shifter motor and the 2 buttons, then pulled the wires up into the chassis and clipped them off short.

connect the black and white wires together that went to the "low" button....simple as that...

the back was even easier, just had to take out the shifter junk and hotglue it.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:09 AM   #11

If you flip your rig over to see whats wrong, it will always surge in the case beacause one axle is stuck in high range. When they are in high range and the tranny sences no load, the tires stop to prevent breakage.
So turning it ove to watch the axles spin in different ranges doesnt work and tells you nothing.
jeepncowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:39 PM   #12

thanks guys, i figured it out while i had it taken apart and letting some parts dry, i was doin a TT and decided to take the axle apart and it was the little black actuator thing.