Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: now my rear axle is broke

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2006, 10:44 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default now my rear axle is broke

I keep breakin this damn thing, and I haven't even take it on rocks yet!!!!!!!!!

I chipped a peice off the front knuckle/joint so now when I turn it wants to pop out. Well I just went to play with it now, and noticed the rear axle wasn't moving. I figured the belt was slipping, took it apart. Nope the belt was slipping. Where the axle couples into that translucent white plastic peice is stripped out. It looks like it should be splined for the end of the axle shaft, well it just stripped it out.

All this Ive done playing in my living room. The most rocks this thing has seen is my front porch.

I guess I just got a lemon I know I have the older chassis but people don't seem to be having as much problem as I do.
Chuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2006, 08:54 AM   #2
JJ

Not sure if it is Your problem or not, but I have noticed too much traction on the carpet in my house. My 1:6 makes more noise, popping sounds while tackling the stairs, couch, etc. Outside on the rocks, it gets enough slip to keep the works from binding up. Still crawls well on the rocks though. BTW, that was noticed with both my original old style chassis And the new one. Get that thing outside on the rocks.
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 09:39 AM   #3
Powered by Awesome

I have snapped more stuff crawling on the carpet in my house then i have ever done on the rocks.... thats for both my nylint rigs and my comp crawlers (txt and clod) Carpet has... WWWAAAAYYYYYY to much traction.... keep the rig outside and watch how long it lasts.
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:20 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Well I just got off the phone with nylint and they're going to send me a replacement, so I wanna thank them for that.

I can understand that carpet grips probably better then rocks do... All I would do is stuck a bunch of small 1" or 3" tall boxes up to my couch and drive up and down it. I wasn't doing any turning. I had no idea I did anything to the rear axle till I tried to climb a peice of board I have and the back tires weren't spinning, and I didn't hear the belt squealin at all. Took it apart and the spines in the white coupler were stripped totally out.

The hub/knuckle/joint peice busted when I was playing in highrange going in circle on my carpet, i had the wheels cranked and hit go and heard a pop, seemed to be ok, till when I cranked the wheels it would just make a small pop pop noise. I looked closer and I took a chunk oughta the joint on the driver side.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:21 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ
Not sure if it is Your problem or not, but I have noticed too much traction on the carpet in my house. My 1:6 makes more noise, popping sounds while tackling the stairs, couch, etc. Outside on the rocks, it gets enough slip to keep the works from binding up. Still crawls well on the rocks though. BTW, that was noticed with both my original old style chassis And the new one. Get that thing outside on the rocks.
I wanna play out in the freakin rocks but its just been raining and raining... I'm about ready to pick up a load of rocks and stick them in my garage.