Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Just run my first battery through a new SCX10 TR - VERDICT!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 05:50 AM   #1

Default Just run my first battery through a new SCX10 TR - VERDICT!

Hey guys, just took my new scx10 out over the last 2 days to give the stock chassis a bit of a shakedown.

Something strikes me as odd with that statement, seeing as this is my first battery and it took 2 days!

The battery I chose was a HPI PLAZMA 4300mAh NiMh, this is just a cheap starter battery, i couldn't believe it...almost 2 hours battery life with a 27t motor! The power dropped of quickly, which is what you want, power, power, power, out! Not Power, damp, wet, soggy, out. Haha!

Now the next thing i noticed about this rig...boy its tough!

The patch I chose to run this on is a dumping ground for concrete, mud and wood. A good mixture of surfaces, wet and dry.

This thing ate them all up, and then some, 6 inch curbs only fueled my curiosity to how far I could push it. I eventually found out after bumping down some steps and the drive shaft popped off.

I had already heard that this happened often.

Quick tip, get some thread lock and get 2 extra grub screws (from a spare nitro throttle linkage perhaps) apply some thread lock to the screw then put the 2 grubs on the flat part of the transmission output FIRST, then put the 2 on the OTHER side next, this should help a lot, it has for me!

Now, lots of bumping, bashing, slamming and scraping later, my drive shafts are still where they should be!

Lastly I must say to people, do not be put off by the plastic parts, they are VERY durable! All links and bumpers took lots of punishment, and the roll cage did an admirable job of protecting the strong lexan body. Of course I will be upgrading the parts, but I think that for me its more of an aesthetic thing.

The lighting system is a very nice touch and doesn't dim when the battery is low, so night running is good fun!

Ill give this rig 9/10, because of the drive shaft issue. I think axial should have included the option collars in the box.

Photobucket

Thanks for reading

JT
RcRecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links