Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: How reliable are these things????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2006, 10:00 PM   #1

Default How reliable are these things????

Well I had a problem with my Jeep right out of the box. However I think I have it straightened out. My question is how reliable are these trucks? I got a good deal on mine but still...I don't want to work on it all the time. How many hours have you guys got on your trucks without issues developing? The problem with "toy" r/c is that its hard to get parts for them!
PapaPerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2006, 10:09 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

well, i have about 4-5 hours on mine now, on the second run i had a problem with high range, so i locked it in low and ahve not had a single problem since.

Nylint is supposed to be sending me a replacement chassis.

getting parts takes a while, but they are good to their customers
SlammedMini469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:10 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

i tell ya that i have put mine thought its paces the only thing i got a updated chassi because of my steering was really week in my origanal truck and still is.

But other than than they are awsome for 119$ is what i gave for my second the only thing is i want a scorpion body really bad for my second truck.
But back to the week chassi im building a trailer for my good rig and goin to use the old one once i get a body to pull my other rig around on just for movies and to say look what i got so they are pretty good and the batt life is awsome.
Nylintjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:30 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

i now have 2..1:6 a jeep and a scorp also son has smaller jeep and my daughter has a smaller scorp and we love them to death ive only had one chassis replaced cuase the original on my jeep the rear axel stopped working in low but for the price u cant beat it i cant wait to see if they make new bodies like a chev blzer about 78 style would be sweet since i have a 1:1 i wheel
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:39 PM   #5

Well today I drove mine through creek. It was deep enough to cover the sxlesw completly. It is still working to, never even stalled. Also did the same with 1/18 and that thing is still going execpt for the body was about half way under water and still going, I am surprised that one aint burnt up, but my luck want hold out long doing these thing to them, next is alot of mud should be fine in that. I hope.
E-Maxx Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:05 PM   #6

I have had no issues yet with approx 4 hours of playing in the rocks. Even found some mud accidentally and submerged the tires in the goop - no problems. I haven't looked at the steering yet to see if it has any stress points, but I don't push the limits much when crawling on the rocks. I am sure now that I have said this about no issues, it'll be broke on the next run.
Off_Road_Ram_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:07 PM   #7
[HOONIGAN]

For the price you can't these things. If you take it easy it should be pretty reliable. Even when they do break though it's not hard to fix them and customer service is the best.
Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:06 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I got mine in October, and played HARD with it for about 3 months before I did anything. The first thing I did was replace the belts....now im changing EVERYTHING.....but, mine was a GEN. 1 and I JUST had my first break (HUB) since October...
zach3713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:43 AM   #9

Post reliable ?

THE FIRST CRAWLER I HAD BROKE THE FRONT AXLE THE 2ND TIME OUT, I GOT ANOTHER ONE WHILE WAITING ON A NEW CHASSIE , ITS STIL GOING BUT THE STEERING IS GETING PRETTY WEAK. MY NEW CHASSIE WAS SUPOSE TO BE IN LAST WEEK. IM STILL WAITING ,
rock it man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:01 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock it man
THE FIRST CRAWLER I HAD BROKE THE FRONT AXLE THE 2ND TIME OUT, I GOT ANOTHER ONE WHILE WAITING ON A NEW CHASSIE , ITS STIL GOING BUT THE STEERING IS GETING PRETTY WEAK. MY NEW CHASSIE WAS SUPOSE TO BE IN LAST WEEK. IM STILL WAITING ,

Did your caps lock break to??

Mine has been sitting for about two weeks now, I broke the steering arm on it the second time I got to mess with it, and I wasnt doing anything harsh to it.. and the motor is also hung up as well, only turns in one direction..

I have been trying to get a hold of someone in customer service and emailing them also, and still no word....gee, wish I could play with mine!
Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:51 AM   #11

Angry gearbox

THERE IS A PLASTIC PIECE ON THE AXLE COMING OUT OF THE GEAR BOX TWISTED OFF. AS FOR THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AT FUNRISE, I SPENT 3 DAYS TRYING TO GET A HOLD OF SOME ONE. SEND A EMAIL . NO REPLY CALLED I LEFT A MESSAGE . NO REPLY, FINALLY I CALLED TIL I FINALLY GOT AHOLD OF A REAL PERSON, THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD BE 7 TO 10 DAYS BUT I HAVE NOT SEEN IT , GUESS ILL HAVE TO CALL AGAIN.. //////
Old 01-23-2006, 11:34 AM   #12

Quote:
THERE IS A PLASTIC PIECE ON THE AXLE COMING OUT OF THE GEAR BOX TWISTED OFF. AS FOR THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AT FUNRISE, I SPENT 3 DAYS TRYING TO GET A HOLD OF SOME ONE. SEND A EMAIL . NO REPLY CALLED I LEFT A MESSAGE . NO REPLY, FINALLY I CALLED TIL I FINALLY GOT AHOLD OF A REAL PERSON, THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD BE 7 TO 10 DAYS BUT I HAVE NOT SEEN IT , GUESS ILL HAVE TO CALL AGAIN.. //////
Thats because nobody likes you.
Otto Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:48 AM   #13

Quote:

Stop yelling at us!!!
If Im not mistaking, look to the left of the "A" key and it says something like....caps lock.....press that button once...
Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:52 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

i had 3 screw up badly eah time with in the first run. first one wasnt right out of the box. secoind lasted til the end of the day and started to surge. third one did thee same thing. i got ****ty custromer support so i got my money back
GeoffSFAs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:18 AM   #15

Default capslock?

duh; capslock whats that ? besides I LIKE TO YELL,,,,,, and everybody likes me
Old 01-24-2006, 06:04 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

i have had three wally crawlers, and one updated chassis, i am using my updated chassis now, these things do have a few wrongs to them but hey what can we do? (other than complain about it) i learned to fix it if it goes wrong, thats why we got brains, use them and hey you can fix any problem these things have to throw at you!!
adawg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:15 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffSFAs10
secoind lasted til the end of the day and started to surge. third one did thee same thing. i got ****ty custromer support so i got my money back
LMAO....plug the charger in

thats what they do when the battery gets low trust me, mine has done it 3 times now. charge the battery and its fine
SlammedMini469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:23 AM   #18

I have had mine for about 4 months. within the first couple weeks i broke the round housing that the front ball joint contacts. I guess the tire locked up when i was driving it on its side. Still haven't fixed it. And my battery only lasts 5 minutes at a time. I called customer service. they said to charge it for 18 hours. I did that and still only 5 minutes. I have since called another 4 times leaving 3 messages with no responces. Left 2 emails and still nothing. I am getting pretty mad now.
Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:01 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena
I have had mine for about 4 months. within the first couple weeks i broke the round housing that the front ball joint contacts. I guess the tire locked up when i was driving it on its side. Still haven't fixed it. And my battery only lasts 5 minutes at a time. I called customer service. they said to charge it for 18 hours. I did that and still only 5 minutes. I have since called another 4 times leaving 3 messages with no responces. Left 2 emails and still nothing. I am getting pretty mad now.
That sucks....sounds like a bad battery charger as for the runtime...good luck with the other part.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 01:27 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedMini469
LMAO....plug the charger in

thats what they do when the battery gets low trust me, mine has done it 3 times now. charge the battery and its fine
did that. they both started surging after the battery charged again for a full8+ hours. i may give them another shot eventually but not right now
GeoffSFAs10 is offline   Reply With Quote