Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Any Scorpion Mods?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2006, 07:55 PM   #1
Rowdy

Default Any Scorpion Mods?

I am new here and have been looking through everything...I don't see any Scorpion modifications. Any out there? Also, I see conflicting info on the Jeep front end being slightly different than the Scorpion. I see pictures on the Funrise website that show the Scorpion with the same chassis, and then the main picture of the site with a different shaped axle housing and grey underneath on those arms instead of blue. I thought maybe the different picture might be from a prototype that never made it to production. I don't see why they would really want 2 different chassis' out there as far as production and overhead cost are concerned. Does anyone know if the chassis is different between the 2? And does anyone have a modified, tricked out Scorpion?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2006, 08:42 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

as far as mods and parts go, they are identical except the for body. the pic on funrise's site is of a 1:6 and a 1:18 ;)

my scorpion isn't exactly "tricked out", but i have inboarded the rear shocks, tummy tucked it, locked it in low (necessary when i had a problem with it), extended front wheelbase 1/2 inch, and did some trimming on the axles to gain some flex....

i will be building a complete new chassis for it soon, with a 4 link rear and stock-ish (new arms going to the stock pivot block, but narrower so that they dont hit the steering case) front setup.

just waiting on my "slim" batterys to get here so i can know how big to make the chassis.
SlammedMini469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:46 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

I think the biggest reason is availability. I'd have a scorpion if I could have found one, but all they have at Wal-Mart is a sea of orange Jeeps...good enough, I'm seriously considering a tube chassis anyway.

Oh yeah, the different-looking chassis on the funrise website is a rescaled photo of the 1:18 Scorpion to match the 1:6 Jeep.
vlmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 12:02 PM   #4
Rowdy

Default swap the body

You might be able to get the Scorpion body from Funrise direct and swap it???