Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Steering help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2006, 10:20 AM   #1

Exclamation Steering help

Hello all. I am putting this question up for a freind. He has a 1:6 Scorpion 3rd Generation. and he has little or no steering. He has preformed the fix that Mutt posted for more sterring umph. and it was still weak. He also pulled the steering motor out of his 1:6 Jeep, still same problem. He checked the voltage at the motor and he was getting 11.6 at the motor. He then hooked the motor to straight 12 volts and the motor ran fine. He also did the O-ring. He also took all the steering parts out of his Jeep and still has got little or no steering. He checked to make sure thier were no cold solder joints. Still has the same problem, so if anyone has any other idea's please let us know, cause as it is he is out of commision. BTW he also bought a new motor from Radio shack and it also did not help.
jkoch88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2006, 11:11 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Maybe he tightened the steering rod ends too tight to the steering knuckles. Tell him to loosen the screws that attach the steering rod to the steering knuckles a little bit and see if that helps. Cause if they are too tight, they will hinder steering a good bit.

Clark
SupermanWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 05:30 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Mine did something similar, and jsut like the last guy said, all it was, was taht I had tightened the rod ends too tight on the knuckels, and that kills the steering by not allowing the knuckles to move freely....try loosening them up and see if that helps.
zach3713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:17 PM   #4

ok I will have him give it a shot thanks
jkoch88 is offline   Reply With Quote