Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Good day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Good day

Well yesterday was the kinda day that makes a dad proud. I was at the hobby shop with the wife and kids and my 3 yo daughter says "daddy I want a crawler like yours.". She always wants to watch when I run the crawler but now she wants to join in. So now I am on the lookout for an inexpensive crawler. I have a 1/6 nylint but she doesn't like it, says it looks funny. I am looking at the exceed crawlers, less than 100 shipped for a 1/16. Or I might snag a venom kit and slap some of the extra electronics I have laying around in it. Just wanted to share that I am starting them young.
cbtu0914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #2
Suck it up!

Thats cool!

And you're smart going cheap. My son wanted one and it held his interest for about 3 days.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Get them in to it ...I have been hooked since my dad took me...check out RockCandy..it is a all girls crawling Team and web site....you can use my link below
crawling qeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:16 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

thats great to hear. a guy that runs the local comps here has his 3 to 4 year old crawling and his son loves it. also another guy i run with his son plays with his dads rc's. though he keeps having to remind him "its not a go fast car" lol. i would say pich up the creeper for her and that will be a great rig...
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:55 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Yeah I am really thinking the creeper is the hot ticket for her, plus if she does get tired of it I'll turn it into a scaler or something cool. She likes to watch the short course truck run around but I let her drive the crawler and she loved it. Looks like I've got to start putting some $$ back for this now.
cbtu0914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:48 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

My son is just over 2 and he loves driving my creeper. He thinks the micro high roller is his toy but I have to take the antenna off when he drives that or he rams it full speed into walls. The slower speed of the creeper is just right for him and if he hits anything it either climbs over it or gently flips over. The toy grade rc's I got him don't hold his interest much more than they hold mine.
Knitewulfe is offline   Reply With Quote