Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Score sheet i made up for our "club" in Calgary

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Score sheet i made up for our "club" in Calgary

Hey all, i made up this score sheet for our "club" in Calgary, when i started going there a few months ago they had a score sheet that kept track based on the infraction, not on the gate, to me i this was not good because when you pointed out on a gate, you never really knew, it was kind of a guessing thing to figure out the point out. I figure i gave up a lot of points with that, so i decided to make up this sheet, it tracks based on the gate, not on the infraction.

anyways, here it is, basically for each point, you x off a box, when you get above 20, you write the total for the gate in the box below... repeat for each gate, then input the progress and bonus points, then just add across.

Here's a PDF of the file, if you want the XLS version so you can customize and use it for your club, shoot me a PM, i dont mind sending you the link, but i just want to know how many people actually find this useful and are considering adopting it.

The pdf is 2 pages so it can be printed double sided.

please leave comments and questions in this thread.

http://tms12.com/rc/crawl.pdf
T3rry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
Got Worms?

yea that works, but i don't think all clubs do the 20 points jump to next gate idea
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

We found that it was easier to just print out a seperate score sheet for each individual. Have 1 line for each gate, with a blank for each infraction going accross. That way you can simply put a single hash mark in each box and add up as you go.

There are a couple problems with the sheet that you have. First off, you have no indication of what infractions you're penalizing. If a judge/scorekeeper makes a mistake, there's no way for a competitor to plead their case. Second, when somebody hits a gate, the score keeper now has to check off 10 boxes?!!! That's alot of writing time, and any writing time is time that the person's eyes aren't on the course backing up the judge.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

We use individual 4x6 cards for each person, if I can figure out how ill upload the excel file
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
We use individual 4x6 cards for each person, if I can figure out how ill upload the excel file
If you want to give them the file, emailing it would be the simplest. I'd you merely want to show them, then do the following:

1. Open excel file
2. highlight selected area of file.
3. Copy
4. Open Paint
5. Paste into Paint.
6. Save As and be sure to change .bmp to .jpg.
7. upload picture file to photobucket or other picture hosting site.

That's how I post all of our comp results and points standings.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
There are a couple problems with the sheet that you have. First off, you have no indication of what infractions you're penalizing. If a judge/scorekeeper makes a mistake, there's no way for a competitor to plead their case. Second, when somebody hits a gate, the score keeper now has to check off 10 boxes?!!! That's alot of writing time, and any writing time is time that the person's eyes aren't on the course backing up the judge.
well for that we decided we could just put a constant line for the number of points, which would narrow it down to what infraction it was, one line would also respond to your "time" issue, and most of our guys are honest and almost score themselves.

Last edited by T3rry; 06-08-2010 at 03:18 PM.
T3rry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:59 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

sorry it took so long, this is the score sheet we use

http://scrcrawlers.com/wp/rules/score-sheet/ just click "score sheet" to download it. Its in excel and uses a 4x6 note card
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:36 PM   #8

Default Score Sheets

The score sheets information is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
bens170
bens170 is offline   Reply With Quote