Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Started my scorpion project.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2006, 05:20 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Started my scorpion project.

No one really seems to give the scorpion much love. Including myself, so I thought I would spend some time with it.

Here's the majority of the work so far.

I think I'm going to re do the center console, I don't like the way the plastic looks so I'm gonna clean it all off, and shoot it with maybe some black primer, or just flat black, maybe satin black. Or maybe I'll just leave it alone. Who knows, anyone have any ideas what color the other doo dads needs to be painted?

What do you guys think? I'll have some shots of the outside as soon as everything dries up.
Chuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2006, 07:39 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Here's some more pics

from another angle

The flash really shows me where I need to do some touch-ups...

I was originally going to paint the bars on the bottom half burgundy also, but I thought its going to get scratched all up along the bottom, and if I ever want to retouch them up I'm going to have to tape off the diamond plating each time... Plus I thought that might be to much burgundy.

Still have a few things to do, but I like it so far, hopefully it'll look pretty scale when I get done with it. If not, I'll just have to rough it up with alot of rock rash.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:20 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

nice work, I haven't done anything with my Scorpion yet. Still looks new in the box. after seeing yours I might need to rethink mine some.
ford381stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:39 PM   #4
Powered by Awesome

Looks great! Keep the pics comin"
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:02 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

that does look sweet what other mods r u going to do
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:07 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

No Love for the Scorpion? I'd own one instead of the jeep if Wal-Mart had any!

Yours looks great!
vlmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:11 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Well the only mods I've done so far to it, are just metal skid plates for the axles, and the painting... I'll probably do a little suspension work. I want to make it just a little wider, not sure on a tummy tuck, if I do it wont be to much.

I have 2 crawlers, and I wanna keep 1 as close to scale as possible, and the other one I'm hacking away at it. We'll see where it goes... I'm also in the middle of a tummy tuck on my Jeep.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:14 AM   #8

I love my scorpion I don't know why everyone gets those jeeps I believe the scorpion looks better. I have done a TT to my scorpion and extended the wheelbase with sheet metal skids as well I sanded the pulleys and used the belt dressing trick. I really like this little rock crawler and if you want to here something funny my buddie has a clod and we went toe to toe and I just kept running over him while laughing I got my scorpion on clearance for $89.95 that is less than he payed for his radio in his clod "Now thats fuuunny".

Last edited by imdrunk; 02-14-2006 at 01:19 AM.
imdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 01:37 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

yea these things can go over ne thing that the other high overly priced rock crawlers can go just as easy but i think the only prob they will have is when you need more power to bump over big obsticles but other thatn that i see no prob climbing just as good as the other crawlers
rig it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:03 PM   #10

The little doo dads are military spec switches. In a real Scorpion they would be olive drap like the rest of the rig. So have fun, go nuts!! The interior looks amazing, keep up the good work.
Karpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:53 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpet
The little doo dads are military spec switches. In a real Scorpion they would be olive drap like the rest of the rig. So have fun, go nuts!! The interior looks amazing, keep up the good work.

Sweet now I have an idea of how to paint them.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:15 PM   #12

I have a TJ and a Scorpion. I like the looks of the scorpion better, but the TJ actually has alot better clearance all around, and the body is much more trimmable. When the rear shocks are inboarded, you can't exactly cut the plastic tubing on the scorp to get more clearance. Well you can, but it would look stupid. Mine also sits *** end high.

I like the way you painted the interior.
basalt51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 03:58 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Default Just about done paiting

Just about done painting, but I got it to the point where I can drive my Scorpion crawler aound with the body on

Some interior shots

I'm kind pissed at myself though, I did all this work and did some irreversible damage. When I was screwing everything together I grabbed the wrong screws the dash panel and they were too long and kind of punched through the plastic. I could probably fix it, but I'm tired of working on it... I touched them up the best I could. Plus where the popped up on the plastic it looks like stops or bumpers for the switches.

Here it is about 90% done, I just gotta do the front headlight portion and the rear portion, and the mirrors.