Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: rock crawling in MA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default rock crawling in MA

If you live in MA on the coast look at centenal park in Peabody. I have found some of the best locations here to crawl. The rocks are not high but a lot of them. and on a weekend people from here will go there to try out there new crawlers. It may not be the best but it's still a lot of fun.
BillV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2010, 09:02 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillV View Post
If you live in MA on the coast look at centenal park in Peabody. I have found some of the best locations here to crawl. The rocks are not high but a lot of them. and on a weekend people from here will go there to try out there new crawlers. It may not be the best but it's still a lot of fun.
are you talking about centennial drive? I drove that looking for spots but came up empty handed esp considering most is private property. There are tons of insane coast line crawl spots nearby. pm if you would like details.
Der Kampfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default centenal drive

yes thats it. your right about priv prop but all the offices are closed after 5 and on weekends, I found one spot the rocks are not to high but there is enough to make it fun and thay dont mind us useing it so long as we leave it clean and pick up our mess. You need to look deep in the parking lots and you will find very good locations. all we need to do is ask.... have not goten a no yet.
BillV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:40 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillV View Post
yes thats it. your right about priv prop but all the offices are closed after 5 and on weekends, I found one spot the rocks are not to high but there is enough to make it fun and thay dont mind us useing it so long as we leave it clean and pick up our mess. You need to look deep in the parking lots and you will find very good locations. all we need to do is ask.... have not goten a no yet.
cool man. i'll have to revisit. Not sure if you are 2.2 or scale but we(boston crawlers) are doing a 2.2 comp on july 24th in Medford(just north of boston). You should come. its free and its a pretty friendly group of dudes.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:30 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kampfer View Post
cool man. i'll have to revisit. Not sure if you are 2.2 or scale but we(boston crawlers) are doing a 2.2 comp on july 24th in Medford(just north of boston). You should come. its free and its a pretty friendly group of dudes.
hey you got any more info on the comp? i live in salem nh, would love to check it out
Axialfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:00 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axialfan19 View Post
hey you got any more info on the comp? i live in salem nh, would love to check it out
The third Summer Series event will be held on July 24th. At Oakdale Park, Melrose Ma. It is not to far from 93N, just above the city. Once again there is no entry fee and we will be giving away some nice prizes, Courtesy of our Sponsors. For this event Wicked RC Racing and Castle Creations will be offering prizes. Novice champ will win a Wicked RC Gift Card and a BEC (or programming card) from Castle Creations. Pro will have the chance to win a Wicked RC gift card, and a Caste Sidewinder Speedo (if we get 8+ people, otherwise they will have the choice of a BEC or a programming card).

Registration will start at 9:00 and the Competition will begin promptly at 10:00.

If you have any questions feel free to PM or post.

http://www.bostoncrawlers.com/summer10/oakdale_park.jpg