Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: YOSEMITE RC Friendly??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default YOSEMITE RC Friendly??

Sorry RCC not sure where to post this.

Going camping in Yosemite this weekend, and wanted to know if Yosemite is RC crawler friendly? I don't want to haul my crawlers out there if I'm going to get in trouble with the Rangers.

I did a search and didn't read that anyone got in trouble with the MAN, but most talked about how nice it is out there. Anyone crawl in Yosemite lately?
RCHuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I know here in MN and ND whenever we go camping I always bring a turck or 3 with. I have never been bothered by any rangers, in fact most of them ask tons of questions.

I guess if you are concerned about it ask at the ranger/park station first. Maybe give them a call...
209/372-0200; press 3 then 5

Found this number in a google search....
1rcmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rcmonster View Post
I know here in MN and ND whenever we go camping I always bring a turck or 3 with. I have never been bothered by any rangers, in fact most of them ask tons of questions.

I guess if you are concerned about it ask at the ranger/park station first. Maybe give them a call...
209/372-0200; press 3 then 5

Found this number in a google search....
Thanks, I didn't think of that...
Old 07-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Dieselfuel may have more complete information on this as he was the contact person who went to the rangers for SCRCRC but our annual comp out at Valley of Fire state park had to have approval and we had to guarantee it was clean and no marks were left from the tires on the rocks. We also used very little chalk when marking to make as little impact as possible. Valley of Fire is a state park, not Federal, so it may be different.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:02 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

i dont why you would even have to ask, there are so many places to disappear in that valley that you shouldnt have a problem, i dont see it as any different than anythoing else people might be out doing in the park, i would think the river bed would be really good if the river is down enough, or at least near it on the shore, the only problem is going to be to pick one spot out of thousands, have fun, and dont forget to look around and take it all in, amazing place...
guapotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:03 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culetto View Post
Dieselfuel may have more complete information on this as he was the contact person who went to the rangers for SCRCRC but our annual comp out at Valley of Fire state park had to have approval and we had to guarantee it was clean and no marks were left from the tires on the rocks. We also used very little chalk when marking to make as little impact as possible. Valley of Fire is a state park, not Federal, so it may be different.
a comp and large groups on public land is a whole nother can of worms, he will be fine
guapotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I cannot imagine it would be an issue. Mountain bikers and hikers in general will have more leftover traces than a crawler in reality.

Now if you were running nitro that would probably be a different story, who wants to listen to that racket in a park like yosemite? Of course I don't care to hear it period, but hey, that's just me.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #8
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Yo Glenn. Talk to Dave. He should have the info, if not pull, to help you out.
Have fun you lucky bast)*^@.
Get some sweet vid
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #9
RCC Addict

On my trip there last year, all i thought about was "That would be a sick line" and " I bet i could crawl that". I wish i had brought my crawler.
I guess while you are there with it, just be mindful of other tourists/rangers, because you never can know what their reaction can be
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I am jealous, yosemite is my favorite place in the world...
I've crawled there before without an issue.

have fun!
Del Montess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Thanks Everyone, for your responses. I can't wait to get out of city and just chill, It's been a long time since I've been there and while spending quality family time I'm going to get some crawling time in too. Thanks again.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #12

I went camping at Mammoth Lakes last week. Not too far from Yosamite. Took a couple crawlers and had a good hasle free time. Just take them, don't ask. Asking just gives the oppertunity for someone to miss understand what you accually have and say no.
MojaveMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

the granite there is nice and sticky. i have had no issues with rangers. Have fun and take video or at least some nice pics.
cooterwrenchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:17 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

I go there at least once a year, this year I took my crawlers. I had no problems with the rangers. GO have some fun.
minisaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:43 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Ohhhh yea, I'm only a little over an hour away from yosemite. I've crawled there a lot of times and never had a problem, in fact i've talked to a couple of rangers up there and they had no problems with the crawlers. It's the nitros they have a problem with. So I would say hell yea bring your crawler
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:23 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

i remeber they said if its fast its ano go....but crawlers are fine again as long as you dont mark up the terrain
350oshin is offline   Reply With Quote