Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: selling?'s rtr or part out?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default selling?'s rtr or part out?

so I have had my super up for sale now on 3 different forums for the past 2 weeks I am trying to sell it RTR but I have had no bites...well one on RCU but it was a scammer and I caught on to him pretty quick. I feel I am asking a fair price, I totaled up what I have spent and then cut that in half and that was my asking price...I can't bring myself to pay Ebay fees so I have kept it off there and due to the fact I have been watching a few people try to sell thier rigs with no luck too.

I'm I better off parting it out? Or just be patient and keep going for the RTR sale?

any suggestions?

I'm not trying to sell my rig on this thread just looking for suggestions...
jlmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Simply put, you're asking too much for it. Do a quick search for super in the for sale section and you'll see what I mean. There currently is one comparable to yours for less than half what you are asking. There are several supers for sale right now and just on the first page of the search, yours is the second highest dollar wise. The other one thats higher is only $100 higher and is loaded with a lot more goodies than yours has.

Parting it out probably won't net you that good of results either. Most people building supers right now are building Berg or Bully supers.

Either way, I think you'll have a rough time moving the truck. Just not a whole lot of interest in supers right now, especially a stockish clod.
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

thanks for the honest reply!
Its really hard to tell what these things are actually worth, I know I will never get anywhere near what I put into them but I figured half was fair but there is always someone who will part with theirs for less than the next guy...i'm a deal finder like anyone else too.

since you have looked at what I have...what would you pay? just curious really. by your post count I can see your probably a good person to ask this.
at this point i'll probably end up just keeping it and just try shaking my money tree harder to find some money.
jlmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:30 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Like I said, right now is not a good time to be selling a clod super. So in all reality, $200 maybe $300 tops.

I'm like you; I'd keep it and build it up as money allows!
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

How about trying your local craigslist. besure to put at the bottom for tags: Traxxas losi team associated RC Truggy Buggy Nitro HPI brushless lipo ESC novak ect ect that way you get more hits when people look things up on craigslist.... Also snap a few good shots of your Rig and make some flyers and try posting them up at your Local Hobby Shop and see if you could sell it that way. Also the super market. I know it sounds strange but you never know who might see it and decide to give you a call about it.

Not sure what your super looks like, or a link, but just some thoughts of what you could do.
A guy at my LHS has his Super Clod crawler/ MT accualy sitting at the Hobby shop to try selling for $300, which is really a nice truck but i belive over priced.

Good luck.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:25 AM   #6

I feel your pain. It is pretty sad we can't get 50% of what we paid for something.
topheavy is offline   Reply With Quote