Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Axial AX10 vs. HPI Crawler King

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
ngc

Default Axial AX10 vs. HPI Crawler King

Hi everyone!!!

I'm about to enter this amazing world!!!

I'm from Caracas, Venezuela and I'm being offered a HPI Crawler King or a Axial AX10 Scorpion RTR. I've read A LOT and watched A LOT of vids of both cars but I still haven't decided, that's were i need your help!!!!

I'm really interested in rock crawling and a ocasional run with the rc car, say 95% rock crawling and 5% speed run.

Wich would you recommend and why???

P.S. I already saw that the motor on the Axial is 27T, so my first mod would be to put in the 55t motor.

Thanks for all your help and recommendations!!!!
ngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2010, 12:28 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

it really depends on what your going to do with it, but i would say the axial, because it has so many option parts and you can make it into a comp crawler if you wish....
rcpro31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
ngc

I'm a total newbey, but defenitle rock crawling... I now myself and I now I will, after sometime, make a few modifications, not competition mods but normalk mods to it...
Old 07-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

screw the crawler king, get an axial they are tough to beat and tons of aftermarket parts and can be made verry cappable, and is better out of the box than the crawler king
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:45 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Welcome to your new obsession! Allow me to be the first to slap you around a little. There is a wealth of knowledge on this topic in this forum, the Newbie forum and the AX-10 forum. As a general rule, I'll search for about 10 minutes, trying different terms in different forums looking for what I am after. If I can't find it, then I post...

For instance, I am wanting to get into making my own tube chassis, so I am search the Tools, and Procedures forum for as much info as I can get on the subject.

With all that said...
If you want to be able to find A LOT of aftermarket parts and a truck that is a proven starting point for crawling, go with the Axial. If you want to be a little different, go with the HPI. It isn't a bad truck, a lot of peeps have fun with it, but the Axial is a lot more capable.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

AXIAL is more capble out of the box how ever its a crawler the crawler king isnt as good but can be turned into a scaler but in my opinion id go with axial
XxRockStar199xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:00 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Axial hands down. Its got the best after market support out there. I like HPI stuff dont get me wrong but the ax10 is the way to go.
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:35 PM   #8

i would go with a Axial i got one last year. did most of the free mods that are posted on this site and have bought a set of rovers. only thing i wish i had bought right off was the tires made a big difference. very good rig
putzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:32 AM   #9
ngc

Looks like the Axial is the way to go, I'll have it this weekend

Thanks everyone!!!
Old 08-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #10

i am partial to the crawler king........ well because thats what i have! out of the box it is a trail truck at best with some mild rock crawling. i have modified mine and have turned it into a serious crawler that hangs with my friends axials and venoms. im not saying it is the best crawler out there BECAUSE IT IS NOT but after modifications it is very capable to hold its own with the others. dare to be different!
raginglizzard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axial ax10, crawler, hpi, king crawler king