Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: **WINNERS** Frogger V2.0 Giveaway!!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
Tossin' Salad

Exclamation **WINNERS** Frogger V2.0 Giveaway!!!!!!!

Yeah, you read that right! You dont need a star for this one ladies and gentlemen. I will be giving away 5 more chassis sets. But, there are some rules to this giveaway. This will not be a random generated win. I will CHOOSE the winners based on some information that you will provide to me.

I want to know:

1. How will you use this chassis?
2. Will you provide feedback through this site (good or bad) so that I may adjust the chassis to be what it should be?
3. What type of terrain do you plan to use this chassis with?

This chassis is designed to work directly with Axial AX10 components. It is a direct fit for Axial skidplates and aftermarket skids with same bolt pattern.
And, with the help of some good guys around here, I have made this chassis to be within spec of the bodiless chassis competition rules.

You only need to post once. Again, this is not a random giveaway. I expect you to tell me why you should get it over everyone else.

Come on guys...post up. This can be fun.

I will choose the winners in the beginning of August.

Best of luck!

Casey

Last edited by KC_JoNeS; 08-04-2010 at 06:09 AM.
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2010, 08:36 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

In Please! Thanks!!!!!

Why I should get it?
The only thing I have ever won is an "Easy Money" board game when I was 5 years old, I'm 35...shit I think i'm Due!

How will I use it?
I will replace the chassis I currently run on my axial with this one. I think it looks awsome and I will start competing when the season opens here in TX(after finals). Should be a good test run for the chassis. Obviously it will go out with me on test and fun days so it will get some serious run time, it won't be a shelf queen!

Feedback?
Honest good or bad as explained or focused on any specific part or performance areas as requested.

Terrain?
Central Texas rocky terrain from Killeen to San Antonio, creek beds, parks, etc!

Best of luck to me cause I sure will need it!

Last edited by Oso787; 08-01-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Oso787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #3

I will be using this a a base to build my first crawler larger than a micro. This is all new to me and i like how its a direct fit for the ax10 which is the model i have been looking at purchasing.

Of course feedback will be provided. Nothing gets better without informtion to make it better.

The terrain will be wherever i can find. Not knowing much about the scene in the area it will give me motivation to get more involved once i get my rig together.
uncivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I'm in!

I'll replace the tube chassis I built for my axial.

I'll let you know good or bad on what I think about it, because I don't care what people say about me.

I will use it in Kentucky with good rocky creek beds and small mix of mud
jeeper03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I think it would make an excellent chassis for a rock racer type rig (I like speed sometimes!).

Areas with some open dirt/mud and rock for variety.

Feedback is not a problem, I'm on here all the time .
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #6

1) Will replace my stock AX-10 chassis.

2) I will provide feedback to the best of my knowledge...I am a newb on here after all.

3) It will be used on slick and rough rock around the lakes in Southern OK and North TX.

Thanks for the chance!!!
crazycooter77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:41 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Im in!!

I plan on using this chassis on my ax10 it will give me the perfect opportunity to have a solid platform for my ax10 since im on a really low budget right now and everything thats on my ax10 is well appreciated i plan on using it in washington state on the coast i got a few trails in the woods and got some nice rocks to climb and some pretty cool river beds around here and why i should get it the reason is im one of those hardworking gear wrenching low budget americans thats trying to do the best he can with what he has and having fun while doing it

THANKS

Aaron

Last edited by team savage; 08-01-2010 at 09:47 PM.
team savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:45 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

1. How will you use this chassis? To replace the stock plates, I've been wanting to go bodiless! I've already 4-linked, upgraded servo, wheels and tires (Losi comp claws on stockers and HB Rover white on Eritex wheels), CC Mamba Max ESC and BEC, RC4WD 45t motor, Spektrum DX3R and Rx, HH 3cell 1300Mah Lipo, Krawler Hobbies Lipos on the way, Losi crawler shocks, Gunnars body mounts, EEM single triangulated Delrin skid. I will use it to comp in the sportsmans class until I get dig. Plus we have the same name! Thanks for the chance, Casey M

2. Will you provide feedback through this site (good or bad) so that I may adjust the chassis to be what it should be? Honesty is best and it will help you with anything you might design in the future.

3. What type of terrain do you plan to use this chassis with? I've run in dry creek and river beds, some is pretty rough stuff and my ever growing rock pile, for testing changes I've made to my AX 10.

Last edited by kcmng; 08-02-2010 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Add info
kcmng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #9
Suck it up!

On my comp rig, which I bash & thrash on a regular basis.

2. Will you provide feedback through this site (good or bad) so that I may adjust the chassis to be what it should be?

Absolutely. I've built a few chassis's of my own, so I know how critical honest feedback and constructive criticism can be to the developement and evolution of a part or product.

Natural rock formations, along with a small bit of rock pile navigation.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:32 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Default Cool Deal

I want to know:

I will buy a new Ax10 Scorpion to test it out with.

I will provie feedback to see how it holds up in the train im in.

I wil be climbbing steap terrain,

Bah!!
rockn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:32 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Replace my stock axial side plates, been wanting to go bodiless. Mostly just crawling around my local spots. Not many comp opportunities around here.
Honest feedback based on how it performs, I want to see you put out the best product possible and the only way to do that is with real world testing. (It can look great on a computer screen, but the only way to know for sure is to hit the rocks.)
Natural limestone and sandstone formations, creek bottoms, and hand laid rock piles. Pretty much an even split between the 3.

Thanks for the chance.
cbtu0914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:31 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the chance.

1. I will use it in our sportsman class if it meets the size requirements for bodiless chassis.
2. I will give you direct feedback and will post a build thread.
3. I will test it on both natural rock formations and man made rock piles against some of the best crawlers in the country.
RaleighRCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:41 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
this would be used to replace my horrible integy extended chassis plates that came with my used ax10. along with this new links with would be made and id be running a sprung setup. i dont compete with my rigs, i myself have had enough of competitive r/c , too much stress and politics ruined my fun. id much rather head out to the local crawler spot, show off my rigs and show what they can do, all while having fun. also being i dont compete i run rear steer instead of a dig.

Quote:
absolutely. a product cant be made better without feedback to the designer. however before making posts about something i dont like, id come up with an idea on how to change it to make it perform better and pm/email you directly first to discuss it. sometimes posts that say things need to be changed turns into negative publicity.

Quote:
my local spot features lots of large rocks. a super class would be right at home here, however with some strategicly placed rocks it turns boulders into a very technical rock pile for a 2.2 class crawler.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:47 AM   #14
Tossin' Salad

This decision will be tough! There seems to be quite a few good candidates so far.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:51 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

1. would make a sportsman/ fun rig
2. i will give a good build up review, what i think of it, link/ shock mounting points, how well it rolls back over, overall views of the pros and cons
3. a good mix of everything! rip rap, slick, verts, boulders, and some man made stuff!

sure would enjoy having a comp chassis'd axial again!
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:22 AM   #16
RCC Addict

1. sportsman rig would like to use it for a venom creeper instead of an axial

2. would provide opinions good or bad as well as opinions from others in club , and would have a good build thread on using it for the creeper

3. would be used in missouri on everything from natural rock formations , rock gardens , swept concrete covering rocks , to possibly man made courses

looks like a nice set up , thanks for the chance this is my first year being involved in crawling and i am hooked , i have seen several bodiless crawlers in my area and they always seem to do well i would love to use this for my creeper especially since there are very limited resources for the creeper

Last edited by viper6171; 08-03-2010 at 05:37 PM.
viper6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:38 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

My sportsman AX10 is changing formats. It was basically stock, and I absolutley want to change that chassis.
My plan is to convert my AX10 into a semi-formula offroader, that can climb steep sand dunes. I live near the desert and go to the dunes all the time. I think your chassis will give my rig what it needs to be a bitchin, sand throwing machine.
This may not be the typical answer you want, but I hope that helps me stand out. I've got the video camera ready and desert season is right around the corner.

Let's tear it up ^^^^^
TEAM DEBEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:59 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

Quote:
rock racing! Let's see if it can stand up to Borneo abuse. (I'm from Brunei)

Quote:
Feedback will be provided

Quote:
Whatever I can find here.

Thanks for the chance.
noogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:51 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Bully Axles with double bent links, once I feel I have tested it that way I will swap my sportsman gear over to it and run it in Sportsman class (which I currently lead SCRC point standings)

Build thread with loads of pics, comp results, testing pictures etc. Truck will be driven at Ihobby 2010.

Rip rap that has been secured with concrete
Natural rock formations with allot of break overs
Natural rock with LARGE climbs
Ihobby 2010 course (once its built)
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:58 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Yes please enter me in the foray....

1. would most likely use on a sprotsman rig.

2. feedback, most diffenetly.

3. LARGE rocks

thanks for the chance.
BC Racing is offline   Reply With Quote