Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: How is the Crawler Market

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #1

Default How is the Crawler Market

I have been out of Crawlering for 2 years (never really got into it) so I am looking to sell what I have. How is the market looking for selling and buying? I checked e-bay but I don't see much besides new and the few used I see are either going for a lot or pretty cheap. Would now be a good time to sell or is it better to hang on to it. Also is it better to part the AX10 so its close to stock or sell it with custom wheels and electronics as one package?
Wetfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Seems to be a tough time for the AX10. I had a real nice comp set up that I could not give away. I managed to part it out for just slightly more than my asking price but the additional postage ate up all of that margin and then some.
Ktbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:25 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Generally you'll fair better with a part out sale, unless you have an outstanding and proven rig with a respectable asking price.

Do yourself a favor; buy a green star for $20.00 and use the For Sale forum here on RCC and stay away from Ebay. You won't pay any fees and you'll quickly see the return of your twenty dollar investment.

Good luck.
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
RCC Addict

The AX10 in the comp world is yesterdays news. Between the LCC, Bergs, and Bullies and then the upcoming XR10 it can't keep up.

However, it can be turned into a nice rock buggy and/or scaler very easily.

I would part out the major components, axles, links, tranny, shocks, wheels, tires. If your tires are older, you may not get much for them. Other components like ESC's, RX/TX still have good value if they are still of the newer types.

I don't see the AX10 going up in value. They can be had new still for a good price and there are a lot of them out there. Right now and for the foreseeable future, it's a buyers market as far as the AX10 goes.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:13 AM   #5

Thanks for the Tips, I will put it up as it is now and see if anything. Then if that fails I will part everything out on it.
Wetfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:05 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I would keep it because the way this industry is growing you will be back.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:19 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

the ax10 isnt worth much. i had one with a certain death chassis, it was a comp winning truck before i bought it. was advertising it at $250 and no bites, even down to $200 and no bites. ended up selling it through a friend to a newbie for $280. basicly if your looking to get some decent money, a newb buying it is your only chance.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:41 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

from the other side, most people that are looking for a comp rig will pass on the ax-10. like said above the bergs,bullies, xr-10's and such is what they are going after.

you can part it out, but may be left with a few parts that don't sell.

but being a newbie, it's difficult to find a good rig that is actually RTR. we can buy new, but the electronics are marginal at best. in the used sections (even the for sale section here) it's very hard to find a decent rtr setup. you can find some that are Artr, but finding one with everything including radio, battery, and charger is virtually non-existant.

if it's a decent setup (not cheap stocker electronics) with everything, you should have no problem getting between $250-300.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:42 PM   #9

I just got into crawling and I bought an AX10, two older ESCs (worthless in my opinion, but he threw them in), a Hitec 645MG, and a Novak 55T for $95. I think this is below the market, but it might give you an idea...
Hapapake is offline   Reply With Quote