Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: FPV Crawler?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 04:23 AM   #1

Default FPV Crawler?

Hey guys, newbe here. I FPV, first person view, just about all things RC and recently I have been intrigued about crawlers. Has anyone rigged a crawler for FPV yet? I don't own a crawler yet but have my eye on the Bully. I am just getting started researching the crawler scene and I'm not educated yet about what's out there. The camera gear should be protected with some sort of roll cage. Any suggestions on a chassis or something someone else has already done for FPV? I've done T-maxx's and Savages. Time for something that requires more thought process and not just flat out speed, I have aircraft for that. Thanks guys.
DKTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2010, 04:30 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Somthing like this, not quite a crawler though..

Beach Babe (drive by video)
CrawlinClodKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:23 AM   #3

Yes, but that I've done...although not with Barby, hehe. Cool. I'm more after a pure, take your time, pick a path rock crawler. I'm thinking 1/8th or larger. Thanks for that link though.
DKTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:54 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I tried FPV very briefly on my AX-10 comp style rig. Looked like too much fun not to try, since we had the video gear laying around, but it didn't go well. My camera was fixed, you really need to look not only left and right, but also up and down. The other thing was that a single camera has poor depth of field, making it difficult to judge your distance from things.

I don't think you'd want to seriously comp with FPV, it just can't compare to the God's eye view you have when you drive normal R/C style. Once you get into crawling a little more I think you'll understand.

I failed, but it was fun.

Cheers.
Terranaut is offline   Reply With Quote