Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Indoor course ideas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Indoor course ideas

So i recently moved and we have an extra bedroom we are not using, so i have decided to make a little indoor crawling course for it. I have searched around here for builds but the few links i found were expired so i was hoping for some ideas from everyone . Basically i want it for my Micro crawler or MAYBE my mini depending on the cost. I was thinking of using plaster i am just not sure how to go about doing that. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
megaherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2010, 10:35 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

i made a small one using some fire place logs, expanding insulation foam, sand and a can of truck bed liner spray. it cost me about 20 bucks. it work out good for tune and testing my rig.
2manytickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Hmmmm not a bad idea, I especially like the bed liner spray . Im kind of going for more of a lighter mobile course though.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:04 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Ive made 2 courses out of foam and either sanded grout/concrete. Get some 2" insulation foam from the Depot. Laminate with 3M super 77 spray. then carve the foam with a sawsall into rock shapes. Then coat the foam with the grout/concrete. Gives you a realistic type surface that isnt that heavy.
Der Kampfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:25 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I forgot to tell you that i mounted everything to a piece of plywood. I cut small sections about 2' by 4' long, screwed about 5 small logs to the plywood and filled in the empty space with the foam. I have three sections for my lnc to test on. Best thing about it is they are easy to move and rearange.
2manytickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:31 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Great suggestions guys I think I need to walk around home depot n put some of these ideas into action
Old 08-20-2010, 02:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaherz View Post
So i recently moved and we have an extra bedroom we are not using, so i have decided to make a little indoor crawling course for it. I have searched around here for builds but the few links i found were expired so i was hoping for some ideas from everyone . Basically i want it for my Micro crawler or MAYBE my mini depending on the cost. I was thinking of using plaster i am just not sure how to go about doing that. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Iwas thinking of doin the same but in the garage. I was gonna get quite a few logs, rocks, woodern planks and have a few bridgesmaybe a bit of water to make things more intresting!
crazycrawler94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

golfballs and ply wood
R/C BUM is offline   Reply With Quote