Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Dear diary.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2010, 01:16 AM   #1

Default Dear diary.

Just this last monday on labor day. I got to see some new trails at Bull creek. & they Kicked ass!! After about a hour, up the trail, my rig was tipping backwards from a lighter battery, instead of the big 7.4 6 cell. Instead I used. a flat 9.6 8 cell aaa pack, weighed half the weight. About 1;/2 way up, my rig flipped backwards, & started to roll& roll,& roll, down hill ,hard ! So, I went down after it, What happens, I lost my footing ... On the way down, I fell/rolled and broke my right forearm . what sucked worse , is I saw the bone snap & felt "the PoP" And wham !!!! bent broke wrist. I never caught the rig, Not Just a week past,a roll cage got baught for $25.00( a steel roll cage) and installed to protect it from, just this. I forgot.... The steel roll cage did it's job.The rig had less than 20 new dents in it,( i added alum. top and side plates.) The rig came out better than I did.. So. I'm going to post, some of the surgery/xray, pics from a dvd they give you for entertainment reasons. Maybe, a short vid So maybe ya'll will get to see, how commited I am So in about 2-3 wks I'll have screws and a plate, the doc wants me to start using it just after 2 week (the plate is the cast,) I'll be out of the cast, and driving my rig(WWOOOOOHHOOO FREEDOM!!!!!!)I'll show pics of the new panels & Integen cage. pics will be comming,patients plse...

Last edited by stoneface; 09-11-2010 at 01:24 AM.
stoneface is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2010, 02:11 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Lol are you Rockhead on TXRCRCA? I hope it's not 2 people breaking bones last weekend in Austin!
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:56 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Sorry to hear that,,,,,,,,move this to "Chit Chat" tho. There's really no tech since it doesn't talk about what kind of rig you rolled. (not that it would be tech either)
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:45 PM   #4

Ok. & yes I'm the same fool that is on the other forum. i'll move this to chit chat, and rewrite there. sorry my bad. I thought that the roll cage, would allow but, guess not ohhh welll....
stoneface is offline   Reply With Quote