Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: help build me a crawler?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 11:25 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default help build me a crawler?

for those that didnt read my post in the newbie forum, im new to rc crawling, but not to rcs, 1:1 crawling, 4x4s or anything related. have owned a tmaxx and nitro 4-tec so i understand how getting what you pay for works.
ive been doing some research around the site for a while but figured i would just take to you guys.
i read the xr10 is an amazing crawler out of the box, however im not sure about my budget. i was only looking to spend about 300 or so but i found a xr10 budget rtr at jpcustomrcs for 550 which caught my eye pretty hard.
what can you guys come up for around 500 (give or take a little) or less?
ive been looking at xr10, ax-10, creeper, nightcrawler, lcc, and a few others, but most are all kits. im open to what platform is used, however this is what im looking for:
looking for a performer rather than a scale. open about moa or shafts, etc. im not planning to start competitions right now, however i want a rig that is capable and could be a top contender with ease and money when i do get to that point.
on some of the crawlers, if there is a weakness such as not having the flex or battery location such as that in the ax-10, go ahead and throw in what it takes to fix it.
i was nearly decided on the nightcrawler but considering if i got into competitions i would have to spend a ton more, its nearly pointless I THINK.
lets see what you guys think and can come up with though! cant wait to see what you all have.
zkid009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #2
Tossin' Salad

For that sort of budget, I recommend you get your self a star and check the classified section.

A bone stock RTR AX10 is about 200 bucks, but it will need a good 200 - 300 extra just to become acceptable and take some abuse. XR10...probably looking around 700 bucks to be built pretty good.

I have 2 AX10s and I have roughly $1200 - $1500 into each one. But, I could never sell them for that. Classifieds is your best bet.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote