Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Wheelie King Tranny Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Wheelie King Tranny Help

I bought a used Hilift from another member, he did a nice job on it and had converted it to a Wheelie King tranny. I did very little work on it but recently decided to rebuild it as a dedicated mud truck. I put a water proof VXL system in it and plan to run on 3S. It has 2.2 Slingers on weighted wheels.

When I was running this on 2S and a Traxxas Titan motor with the stock Traxxas ESC, I had no issues at all, and it was fairly capable. Now with the new config if I slam the throttle i get some bad clicking. If there was a slipper in it, I would think it was loose, but I don't see one. It also does not sound like a typicle thrown tooth.

So I am looking for a little advice. With WK trannys and even with HiLifts axles, is there a weak point I should look to? Should I just replace all the gears in the Wk as a precaution? I am going to tear it down this weekend and will replace anything I find broken but if it is best, I can replace all the gears (4 I think). Or as a second option, I am replacing a stock SCX10 tranny with a summit tranny soon, maybe I should look to move the SCX10 one to the HiLift.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

There is kind of a cheap slipper in there. The middle gear in the transmission is two pieces which are held together with a spring. Once it starts slipping, it will continue to slip. What I did with mine was take the transmission apart and screw these pieces of the middle gear together.
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Look through the stickys and other threads in the Wheely King section for all kinks of info on the issue. Here's the slipper gear thread to get you started:

WK Tranny Fix
ThunderVP is offline   Reply With Quote