Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Ihobby 2010 daily updates new products etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 06:39 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Ihobby 2010 daily updates new products etc

Over the next 5 days the 2010 Ihobby expo will be unfolding. New products will be unvailed to the public, demos put on, and 1 of the biggest rc shows in the world (Billed as the 2nd largest in the world) will be put on. As products are unvailed (and I am given permission) I will post pictures and info... sometimes live from the show.

Day 1 (Tue Oct 19) First setup day, only large displays are allowed in the building.
a couple crappy cell phone pics

The rock crawling section starting to take shape

Today is the second setup day and you will see some big changes. By the end of the day the show will look ready for people to come in.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

very cool. man I wish I could make it out there. to far of a trip. haha. cant wait to see some updates
PontiacGT201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Shoot, i cant believe im going to miss it again... ive been wanting to go since 06 but can never get time off
ae racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Setup day 2 is in the books, its amazing to watch the event take shape. I was able to see handle and use a new product that I REALLLLY want to tell you guys about but Im not cleared yet.

Here is how things looked when I got there this morning

Here to give you an idea of the crawler course.

Tomorrow Ill start getting product pictures and info... there is allot to show
Old 10-20-2010, 05:55 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

We even got a bleacher section this year!!! Sweet!
bubbaracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:37 PM   #6
Tossin' Salad

sweet!
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:28 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Looks like we are in the same spot as last year. Looking good Jeff.

One quick question though. Do we come through the same loading dock door in the rear to bring out stuff in??
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:45 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
Looks like we are in the same spot as last year. Looking good Jeff.

One quick question though. Do we come through the same loading dock door in the rear to bring out stuff in??
Yes Jesse same door in the back for dropping off stuff!
bubbaracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:55 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaracing View Post
Yes Jesse same door in the back for dropping off stuff!
Awesome!! See you guys on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:55 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Looking great guys!! I wish we were there to help out. I know a ton of hard work and dedication has gone into this event!! So, wheres todays pictures...-Jason
KrawlOff-Road.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Well considering its the first vendor only day, we had a decent crowd around the crawler course for a good portion of the day. Lots of compliments on the course and several shop owners asking for information on how to build the courses (and a couple trying to get me to build them courses).

On to what you guys want to see, the new products and there arent many...

Tekin gave me permission to publish information about their ALL NEW crawler motor. Its 4 pole 12 slot sensored and having driven it yesterday I can tell you its brushed smooth and has great drag brake. Price is expected to be around $130 for the motor. Its a steep price but as Jim said, they are trying to make the best motor they can. Right now they have 3 variations but by production time plan to have only 2... possibly a 1500kv and 2200kv.

"Hitec" has come out with a grown up version of those little foam heli's we all like to crash. Tip to nose its about 30" with about a 36" rotor. I couldnt get them to let me fly it but Im going to work on them tomorrow

Next to the heli was a foam trainer... about 36" wingspan and no other details... check out the cartoon wheels

Here is something for you boat guys... The vendors dont speak english but I did get them to say I can buy it Sunday (not sure the price yet). Its a 27" cat/tunnel with what looks like a K&B lower leg with a way too small outrunner.

Heres a shot from the crawler course... Thats Darren from Thundertech crashing my comp truck, Art from Hitec and Ty from Tekin driving the only truck that currently has the new Tekin 412 motor.

This year we have been treated really well by most of the vendors... Me,Ty and Steve were yelled at in Chinese for looking under the hood of a boat (they didnt want anyone to know it was just a bare hull I guess) otherwise everyone has been good to us. There arent nearly as many of the big companies this year, Traxxas has pretty much taken over the show, they had some new stuff (rally car, 4wd pede,mustang road car) but nothing worth taking pics of.

Tomorrow Ill look around and see if I can find something else... I know redcat has a very promising (and light weight) 1/5th scale 4wd truck with a $500 price tag.

Last edited by jetboat; 10-22-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Very CooL!
Hyde802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

haha yelled at in chinese..I miss those days.

Anyhow, thanks dude. Thanks to people like you i get to see and experience these events. Kudos.

Subscribed

Reb
Rebelspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Some random shots around the crawler course since there isnt many new products to show... I am really not liking this new camera so a few pics are a bit blurry

Is it a Fly? Is it a Bee? No its the prototype for the redcat racing Micro crawler. Very similar to the Losi but there are some differences when you look close.

Last edited by jetboat; 10-22-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:15 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Here a few wicked little Rally car.

1/16 Summit I drove the Brushless model on the track it's KIller. But not two speed

sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Wow that looks like allot of fun!! I went to the one in Pamona Ca. It Way kinda small Comped to that one.
rockn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:36 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

i`ll be seeing you guys up there sometime tomorrow afternoon. looks like you all are having some fun.
fordtoys88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #18
No idea what I'm doing

I wish I could have made it to this....I just noticed my T-shirt hanging in the background

So cool of you guys to represent the crawling side of the RC hobby...outstanding work!

Juan
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:39 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

You guys would not believe the crowd that was at the show today... last year they said there was 20k people and this year is way more packed... You couldnt walk down half the aisle's. As for the crowd around the crawling course, I couldnt believe it, we had a packed crowd for a good portion of the day. Not even the robot dorks breaking printers could could pull them away.

As for pictures... I cant figure out what I did with my camera so, we will have to wait until one of the other guys can post.

Tomorrow is the comp. Ty broke the Tekin test/demo truck today so we (well Ty) install the 1800kv version of their proto motor (shown above) into my sportsman truck. Im a little nervous driving a prototype and I have to do well since I will essentially be representing tekin.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

so what happened to this? I havent found much info except what you have posted here. Surely someone has some in depth coverage!
mxracer33x is offline   Reply With Quote