Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: sponsership

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default sponsership

Wanting information regarding sponship with crawling. Let's say I have a company that will sponser me, how does this work? Wil the company provide the crawler and parts and pay for entries etc? Please someone explain this. All new to me.
Thanks.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Depends on level of sponsorship. Most people are given parts at a discount. Discount can be very small, to very large. Very few give you items for free, let alone pay for our entries or travel expenses.
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:12 PM   #3
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Wanting information regarding sponship with crawling. Let's say I have a company that will sponser me, how does this work? Wil the company provide the crawler and parts and pay for entries etc? Please someone explain this. All new to me.
Thanks.
Well in all honesty, you need to learn spelling before even thinking about sponsorships. A handful of top teams, ask that you send them some sort of racers resume. If you send them a resume and spell like you do, it will go into the delete file very fast.

As for how sponsorships work, artic spoke up. But that is also up to you and the team manager on what you both agree upon.
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I can do without personal attacks! I simply asked a question and I believe you understood what I was asking, for you answered me. I type fast and sometimes I get a letter or two left out. If I proof read a small portion of threads, well, many pages of errors.
Thanks,
-Gary
Old 11-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I can do without personal attacks! I simply asked a question and I believe you understood what I was asking, for you answered me. I type fast and sometimes I get a letter or two left out. If I proof read a small portion of threads, well, many pages of errors.
Thanks,
-Gary
Don't take it to heart! He was merely pointing out a fact that is often overlooked. Spelliing and grammar are a big part of how people perceive you through text when that is their first impression of you.
Also, sponsors look for character alot and somtimes even more than how you finish at comps. Good sportsmanship, and interaction with people is huge.
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:52 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Some of the larger compaines will provide quite a bit more than the smaller compaines.....but that should go without question. Larger compaines have the money to do so. Most of the vendors on this site are quite a bit smaller....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

It isnt like we are full blown racecar drivers either.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Typically, you submit a resume....thats kinda how its been done for a while.

It often helps you are already using the products, not required.....but surely looks not so great....

Even in racing, full deals are fairly rare.......99% of the sponsorships you see out there are discount type deals.

You will be hard pressed to find a company paying for travel, entry fees, etc....while I am sure it happens, its just not something you will see a lot of, as even in racing its pretty rare.

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:11 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
Typically, you submit a resume....thats kinda how its been done for a while.

It often helps you are already using the products, not required.....but surely looks not so great....

Even in racing, full deals are fairly rare.......99% of the sponsorships you see out there are discount type deals.

You will be hard pressed to find a company paying for travel, entry fees, etc....while I am sure it happens, its just not something you will see a lot of, as even in racing its pretty rare.

Later EddieO
I meant nascar You know drink the pepsi in an interview and kiss all your sponsors asses naming names.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Well they exist though.......a lot of the guys you see in the magazine are like that.....some drivers were not only getting everything paid for, but also collecting a monthly paycheck of $5000+.......I had numerous drivers at one point in racing that I paid $500-$1500 a month to run my motors and batteries......

Crawling though is a very small portion of the hobby still......and the events get little coverage compared to racing in the magazines and other rc media outlets.....I doubt you will ever see a paid Rc crawler guy......but who knows.

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I am a sponsored driver!!

Sponsored by my girlfriend and her fine ass

a lot of my fancy stuff and a few of my planes are actually hers.

I'm just the driver/pilot.

Now, if only Zig Zag needed an RC Driver.....
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #12
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepkid View Post
You know drink the pepsi in an interview and kiss all your sponsors asses naming names.
According to my contract I have to drink Natty Ice all the time. Even while driving my crawlers. Sucks... I mean it's awesome!

I've had a few free ride sponsorships, and I'll be the first to say it is excellent. However, there's a pressure there that I just didn't like. For instance, running a battery you really can't honestly recommend because it's not better, and it costs twice as much as one that actually is better.

Another one didn't want me on the team any more. For the record, don't swear on video, apparently they don't like that.

I would like to thank all my sponsors. Reign RC, TCS... and

Losi, Kamikaze Kustoms, Team TedRockz, Br00d, Holmes, T1E, Panther, Billet Works, my family, my friends, and all you guys! RCC rules!

... crawler peel out and donuts! ...
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:56 PM   #13
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
I doubt you will ever see a paid Rc crawler guy......but who knows.

Later EddieO
I think there are a few paid drivers for crawling.

Gary, A lot of it is helping others every chance you get on here. Pushing your sponsors gear while doing so. Showing builds using their parts and giving feedback to the public. We also help test new proto parts for them. We don't get parts for free like everyone thinks! We sometimes get a discount. But remember that the people we drive for are not millionaires! They have to make a living and pay for materials to!

You don't have to be a top 3 driver at comps either. But going to them and doing your best and helping others is a part of it. All of my sponsors just felt sorry for me really! Just kidding!

I believe in everyone of my sponsors and stand behind them and their product 150%! Just do your best to be a good person that will always help. And help when your not asked.
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:33 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the honest opinions, I appreciate it. It's nice to see many people willing to answer questions and help someone new here on rccrawler. I hope to make it to a comp soon here in Ohio.
Thanks,
-Gary
Old 11-09-2010, 10:20 AM   #15
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
However, there's a pressure there that I just didn't like. For instance, running a battery you really can't honestly recommend because it's not better, and it costs twice as much as one that actually is better.

Another one didn't want me on the team any more. For the record, don't swear on video, apparently they don't like that.

Have to agree, its always nice to get free stuff but there are some companies its just easier to walk away from.

In Oval racing I had a battery guy cut me off because I wasnt winning every weekend. Guess all the locals I got to buy his stuff and the track stocking him didnt have anything to do with me.

On the flip side though I had a car deal with a company that listened to my input and was happy with me traveling and placing in the top 5 every where.

Ive seen grown men cry in Cleveland because they lost knowing the big check wasnt coming his way.

Look at the parts you like and what you believe works, promote what helps you has always been my outlook.

Last edited by Robbob; 11-09-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:42 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thanks for the honest opinions, I appreciate it. It's nice to see many people willing to answer questions and help someone new here on rccrawler. I hope to make it to a comp soon here in Ohio.
Thanks,
-Gary
We have quite a few Ohio drivers come to our WPaC indoor Winter Series in Beaver, Pa.. Come check it out, series starts this Sunday.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:46 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEELZEBOB View Post
I am a sponsored driver!!

Sponsored by my girlfriend and her fine ass
Pics or you're lying!

Just Kidding.

Last edited by Pappy; 11-10-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:14 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
Pics or you're lying!

Just Kidding.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:37 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEELZEBOB View Post

LMAO!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

those are by far my favorite practice piles.

i wonder what a DD breaks down to in scale?