Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Which one?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 05:19 AM   #1

Default Which one?

I am looking at getting a crawler so to speak. I currently have a losi micro high roller and a losi micro crawler. these are my first hpobby grade RC's and I love them but it's time to step up a little, I am considering the Axial scx10 TR RTR or the scorpion rock racer RTR The reason I am considering these two is that I'm looking for an everyday rig to just have fun with as there is no RC comps of any sort here or even a hobby shop and I want to build something that looks somewhat like my fullsize lifted cherokee to play with on the trail at rest stops. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
valleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2010, 05:26 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

If you want it to be like your Cherokee, go with the SCX.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:48 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Yeah, if you're not going to be competing the SCX10 is definitely the way to go. It's less capable than a full out comp rig but you won't notice if it's your first crawler anyway, it'll still impress you and be lots of fun pretty much anywhere. Axial has the best aftermarket support of any crawler company as well so you won't run out of cool stuff to buy for it anytime soon. Just remember there are a couple versions of the SCX10, do your research and make sure you know what one you want before making the plunge. Cheers and Merry Christmas,

Rob
AdverseCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:29 AM   #4

The trail ready version is the one I was leaning toward but I do like the scorpion as well. All I have to go on are video's on youtube because no one around here has stuff like this except for a few in our club one of which is the venom which is nice but I like the idea of a bit of speed as well as the ability to go slow when I want to plus the scale look of the scx TR. With the limited amount of access to parts the rig will most likely stay stock because most money goes to bills and the rest to the jeep lol.
valleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:42 AM   #5

I would definately go with the scorpion.Got an MOA comp rig but keep an almost stock scorpion as a back up.If u go w/ the scorpion buy a metal drive shaft.sheered mine 2nd day.I'M SO PROUD
HowyadoinAzJr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:06 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMGREG View Post
If you want it to be like your Cherokee, go with the SCX.

x2, sounds like a scaler is the crawler for you. The SCX is a blast and there is a ton of mods and cool stuff you can do to them. If you go AX10 I'd get he kit and add your own electronics as the stock rtr will disappoint you....same with the scx, get the honcho kit and add your own goodies.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote