Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: upgrade electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2006, 10:14 AM   #1

Default upgrade electronics

I have a 1/18 jeep and want to upgrade electronics to good rc electronics. is there a package deal out there that includes the controler,esc,servo and everything else needed to swap over? I want to use my cheap walmart crawler as a base for now and up grade axles,and everthing else later.anybody have a link to some good electronics??I'v read alot about doing this but I don't know what is good and what is bad??thanks for helping a newbie
toy 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2006, 11:57 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

as far as electronics you dont need anythign special for the nylint but if you plann on upgrading to a better crawler in the future keep in mind you will need a high torque servo/servos and a good esc.with that said they dint make a full system like that. they offer radio packages with beginer level esc and servos with a radio and reciever but nothing you would want o use in a good crawler. i would just buy a decent radio and servo for the nylint,get a cheap esc and then when its time to move onto a better cralwer just buy all new and keep the nylint as a stand by.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted
as far as electronics you dont need anythign special for the nylint but if you plann on upgrading to a better crawler in the future keep in mind you will need a high torque servo/servos and a good esc.with that said they dint make a full system like that. they offer radio packages with beginer level esc and servos with a radio and reciever but nothing you would want o use in a good crawler. i would just buy a decent radio and servo for the nylint,get a cheap esc and then when its time to move onto a better cralwer just buy all new and keep the nylint as a stand by.

thanks for you help. I know I sound like an idiot but could you link me to some stuff that is cheap and good enough for the nylint. I don't know what radio will work with what servo and esc?? Thanks again for your help
toy 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:53 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

almost any radio will work as long as u can change out the crystals u will need at least a 2 channel reciver and a cheap esc with reverse make sure it has reverse because some dont u will also need a semi-high tourqe servo i say semi high cuz these nylints dont weigh much and shouldnt be hard to turn when u get this all done be careful cuz it will break way easy you have to be gentle and not rail on it all the time if u drive it right it should be easier to hold together cuz u can control wheel speed most people break things when theyre spinnin their tires and then sudenly get traction those 4 things should be all u need except a different battery pack im not sure if a hobby grade esc will run verry good off a 650 mAh pack but good luck and happy wheelin
plyr2k is offline   Reply With Quote