Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: 2.2 build help for 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 07:02 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 2.2 build help for 2011

I could use a little build advice for my 2.2 rig for this season. Last year I picked up 2 AX10 RTRs for me and my 11 year old son, for some father son bonding time. We went to a couple of comps and I started modifying both of them with upgraded electronics, digs, tires, and metal links, and they perform better than stock. At the end of the season my wife wanted a LNC so I picked her up one. I can make the LNC out crawl my AX10 all day long.
I would like to make my 2.2 more competitive this season. I do not even care if I win; it is more about spending time with the family, meeting people with the same interests, and having fun. It would be cool to win a comp or two. One of the groups that I run with are all LCC or MOA rigs, and the second group is RTR out of the box to MOA rigs.

Option 1
Existing AX10, SSS-R chassis, Over and under drive gears, and widen up the front axle with a Berg offset rims

Option 2
Build the LCC roller I picked up off of CraigsList. I picked this up to upgrade the wife's LNC and for spare parts.

Does option 1 look like a good build, or am I way off on my thinking? Should I scarp the Axial and build the LCC? Is there an option 3 I should consider?
Thanks Rob
rob5059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I would say build up the LCC
dabbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Rob, Your option 3 would be the next step which is MOA either Berg or XR10. But like dabbill said build up the LCC. I think the LCC will preform better than the AX10 just because of the front and rear dig (that is if your running the 2.2Pro class). If your running the Sportsman Class (No Dig) then Option 1 will do just fine. Hope this helps you out. Have fun an be safe.

Remember this is just my opinion, my 2 cents. Everyone has different opinions in the rock crawling community...
RCHuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

lol! hey rob, if you go with option 3 pm me for my shipping address! um, i operate an rc "scrap" yard.....

I love my LNC! Check out my build thread for some ideas and see the fun me n my gf have had so far. im building the lnc for the shafty 2.2 comps, then the gf is getting one, and also am gonna build a moa losi for the super class, and im thinkn on buyn an mrc for 1.9
i just really like the losi design!
SIK_BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
RCC Addict

option 3
build a Bully or berg MOA
just a thought
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:46 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the advice. I guess I will build the LCC and see how it goes.
rob5059 is offline   Reply With Quote