Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: New 1:6 Scorpion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2006, 07:09 PM   #1

Thumbs up New 1:6 Scorpion

I came across an ad in JP magazine for one of these last year and couold not wait to get one. I have not been able to find the jeep model, but last night I found 3 Scorpions at one Walmart and 1 at another, along with some additional chargers and batteries. So I picked one up last night for $49, plus another one of the battery charger kits for $7. I took it home and charged both the batteries. This thing works great. I started messing with it right after work today and was pleased to see how well it does.

I have been lurking around here for a little while and see that many mods can be made. I would like to know from the resident experts what should be the first thing that I do to it besides paint? Strech the wheel base, triangulate the rear end, narrow the tires, tt or what? Any advice would be great. One more thing, how much run time do you get on a battery? I got a solid hour and fifteen minutes tonight with some moderate rock crawling.

Thanks for any advice,

Leon
Rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2006, 07:28 PM   #2
[HOONIGAN]

Well, paint isn't going help with anything. Yes it might make it look better, but I'd personally make it perform better before I spent the time to paint it. With that being said the first thing I would do would be to inboard the shocks, just the rear or front and rear, depending on how much articulation your going for. Depending on the terrain you run you might want to stretch the wheelbase first, that was the first thing I did and it helped alot. After you have the suspension and wb set up how you like then I would go for the tt, axle shave combo. I would highly recomend these together. As for runtimes, I get 1.5 to 2 hours.
Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 07:04 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

1.5 to 2 hours runtime for me (as I have said in another thread)

Anyways, first thing I did was extend the wheelbase and inboard the rear shocks. I recomend getting more familiar with it before you do the Tummytuck/shaved rear axle.

And as far as painting goes...I won't paint mine, it just takes too much work to keep it touched up after a hard day of crawling, I personally don't want yellow peeking through a nice paint job, and having to redo it every day would be a bummer. I just got some Decal paper from walmart, and made some custom graphics and logos for mine. They hold up much longer.
-Dalton
hotrodzach is offline   Reply With Quote