Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: any reviews on the redcat rs10????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default any reviews on the redcat rs10????

considering picking up a 1/10th crawler and the low price and 4ws make this one pretty attractive..... any advice
stroker613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I would check in the redcat section.

I dont have one, but from what I hear, get the XT model.
Hyde802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde802 View Post
I would check in the redcat section.

I dont have one, but from what I hear, get the XT model.
cool thx.... i looked in the redcat section but no real reviews. i figure id have the best chance of getting negative feedback (if any) here. thx again
Old 04-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

There are some indirect reviews in the rs10 forum, but I'll sum it up. First, as mentioned by Hyde, go with new XT model-very good upgrades which you will want to do anyways and is worth well over the $20 price jump. For starters, the two weakest points out of the box are the servos, and the tires. Just by replacing those you will have a quite capable crawler for such little coin. The tires can be siped and foams trimmed, and it will help, but the compound will always be too hard. The servos are poor quality, some decent $20-$30 servos will do you just fine. The articulation is abundant, almost 90 degrees out of the box, you can limit it down if you like. The shocks are ok, no major problems with them (maybe a little leakage), except the fact that they are plastic bodied. The motors are decent for the small can size, decent wheel speed and torque. Radio makes it easy to switch between 4 steering modes, but doesn't give much range, which is not required so much with crawlers. Speed control is suprisingly decent. Don't really see many complaints on those in the rs10 forum. Most people upgrade esc just because they want a better one. And, the axles are a pretty good setup; which you can switch to all steel gears for as low as $13 per axle. Which leads to the best thing about this truck, the upgrades. There are lots of redcat upgrades available and a lot more other upgrades you can do to this truck to get it running to your satisfaction. Many of which are free or almost free.

Well, hope this helps you understand a little more about pros and cons of the rs10.
crawlHTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Well said.
camobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:04 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Redcat= awsome starting point. It allows your knowledge and expierence to grow along with your crawler. I Love mine.
It usually runs fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:47 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

if it's anything like it's 1/8 sister it will be asusse i have the 1/8 and fund anything t stop it including strait uo walls till it get straigh up ang tuens over on to it's back.i love it.
grave 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:09 AM   #8
RCC Addict

The RS10-XT is a great starting point for someone getting into crawling. Will it win a comp out of the box? No. It will give you lots of fun around the yard though.

Better servos would be my 1st upgrade though.
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Thx everyone for the awesome feedback.... I am going to order rs10xt from Crawler x and I'm super stoked on it!!!!!! Thx again everyone!