Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: how to mate the body together?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2006, 03:37 PM   #1

Default how to mate the body together?

ok i know a lot of you comp cut your rear or shorten the rear end or someway somehow cut the body, or roll bar....so my questsion is how do you connect the plastic to plastic? I mean i know i can use tape for the roll bar, but what about the body. screws? super glue? glue gun?
miguelitojeep97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2006, 05:39 PM   #2

get some flat metal or sheet metal and some self taping screws and cut like a peice 2inch by 2inch and stick it behind the body and screw her in
anthony4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 07:41 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I used zipties on my 1/18
Going Up! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 08:14 PM   #4
[HOONIGAN]

I used JB qick weld to attach mine. I dremeled the surfaces so they lined up straight and used a sanding drum to rough up about a 1/2 inch back on each surface so the weld could get a good grip. it also helps to bevel each surface so when you butt them up together the weld can fill down in the grove so you can sand it smooth and not take off all of the weld, like this ><. Also make sure to put a good bead on both sides of the pice your working on. JB weld is also used as a filler, so you can sand it smooth (on the outside, leave the bead on the inside) and you'll never know it wasn't stock. I also put small inch long rods in the center of all of the roll cage joints to stiffen it up, them JB'ed them in there. I personally don't like the look of screws or zip ties, kinda looks rigged together, and this method has held up to a bunch of abuse and no sign of breaking.

Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 08:21 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Try using PanelBond. You can find it at almost any Auto Store. A small tube should run some where aound 8-16 bucks. This stuff is as strong as it gets. Body shops use it to hold Quarter panels on.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote