Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: CC-01 VS SCX10 Convince Me Which One!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92PathSE View Post
How is an FJ40 with IFS scale?

If you want a scale FJ40, start with an SCX10 or at least something with solid axles.
I am not getting it for the body but the chassis. But I still might do the SCX10 build.
TheREDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2011, 09:54 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

I gotcha.

How about a CC-01 Honcho? Tundra? Tyring to think of other IFS stuff...
92PathSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92PathSE View Post
I gotcha.

How about a CC-01 Honcho? Tundra? Tyring to think of other IFS stuff...
Well the CC-01 Cruiser is the cheapest but I love the CC-01 For its tub chassis and actually I think it would be awsome to have an unlocked front diff. My budget for buiding this truck would be around $250. The highlift kits are way out of my budget. I doesn't really matter to me either if its IFS or a solid axle. I don't know why but I am hooked on the CC-01.

Last edited by TheREDCAT; 05-02-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys I was thinking about bodies that would be truly scale with the CC-01 chassis. Since I am a Ford fan I looked and found the Raptor body. The real truck uses IFS and a solid rear axle. I think that would be preety sweet looking
Old 05-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlinnTN View Post
well my plans are a 80's blazer with a cco1, not realistic but i like the cco1, and the body. thats the fun of this hobby, build it how you want it. no offense dude but he asked which is better for what he wants, not technicality
your absolutely right in the fact that you CAN do whatever you want HOWEVER this statement is why I made my comments on scale realism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheREDCAT View Post
Well it would be used for more of a trail use but still some hills and obstacles. The SCX10 build would be way more capable but I can't get over the CC-01 looks and realism
Additionally he knows which one is BETTER but thats not really what he was asking either.
Bukwylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:41 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheREDCAT View Post
Well the CC-01 Cruiser is the cheapest but I love the CC-01 For its tub chassis and actually I think it would be awsome to have an unlocked front diff. My budget for buiding this truck would be around $250. The highlift kits are way out of my budget. I doesn't really matter to me either if its IFS or a solid axle. I don't know why but I am hooked on the CC-01.
Just another point. If your patient you can find GREAT scalers used in the for sale section here. I bought a used scx10 roller, with a frame mounted servo mount, nice unmounted body, but no motor or servo for $150 shipped. I got a rc4wd 45t motor for $10 and an hs645 servo for $25 and a tq3 transmitter and reciever for $30 (last 3 off of ebay). So for a total of $215 I've been bashing and competing this truck for a year without touching it! (and it's a real axial)
Bukwylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #27

i cant find a nice hardbody anywhere
lukeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #28
Rock Stacker

I have a Max10 with a Tamiya FJ40 Body. The truck itself cost me $125 shipped. It will take AX10 axles like said above and you can upgrade as needed using higher quality name brand parts. As far as turning it into a scaler all you would need then is a chassis. Mine is modded as a crawler but resembles my 1:1 1967 Fj40. The only parts I have upgraded so far was the servo to a hi-tec mg, 13mm wheel spacers and the tires to white dot Rovers. Everything else is stock and I haven't broken anything yet. Really its up to you and what you are comfortable spending. Your money, your decision.
CruisinMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

I bought a SCX10 Dingo!