Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Futaba 3PM for 3rd channel dig control?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Futaba 3PM for 3rd channel dig control?

Does anyone here use the Futaba 3PM (not the 3PM-X) for cralwling? I have one already and would like to be able to set it up for use with the Novak M2 dig/ESC in an Axial XR-10.

The 3PM does not really have a 3 position switch for digs, but they say the trim switches are assignable. I've heard of people modifying transmitters. Has anyone ever modified a 3PM and added a 3 position toggle switch?

I'm trying to decide whether I can use my 3PM for 3 channel crawling (Prefered) or should I buy another 3 or 4 channel controller that is better suited for dig control.

Any info would help. Thanks!
jlanders001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2011, 11:45 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default I figured it out!

Some may already know this info below, but I thought I'd try to help any 3PM owners that have not heard of it.

To whom it may concern such as 3PM owners who would like to use it with the Novak M2 dig system:

The regular ol' 3PM does indeed work well with the Novak M2 dig system by assigning any of the two way "Up or down" switches to the 3rd channel. The changes are from negative 100% to positive 100%. The zero setting is all wheels working. To activate the dig you only have to change the setting from 0 to anywhere above 14% for rear dig or below -14% for front dig.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

This link provides info on programming the 3PM.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...93#post1166093

It can be done, but it is a giant pain in the butt.

A couple of tips on posting:
1) Before you post a question, look for the info you are looking for. The link above is part of a sticky in the electronics forum. Remember, the Search button is your friend. I normally look for the info for a couple of minutes, then I use the search button; normally you'll have to rephrase your search to find what you are looking for, or to narrow down the search results.
2) This topic is electronics related, so it should have gone in that section.

Last edited by Greatscott; 06-24-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Yeah I read that thread last night and posted to it. All that info seemed way to complicated compared to what is actually necessary for it to work correctly with the Novak M2 system.

I know this has been addressed before, but I just thought other 3PM/M2 owners would want to know that ya don't have to go buy another Tx if you already have a 3PM for other cars.

JTL
Old 06-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

...and this is why I got rid of the 3PM. It is a great radio if you only need a two-position 3rd channel.

If you are looking for another radio, I'd suggest the 4PL or the 4MT. They are priced about the same and are packed with cool features.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote